Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2014 -- Russia's telecoms market has been performing well compared to its regional peers. There is a strong competitive dynamic between established operators, as well as a threat from smaller operators looking to increase their market share in the mobile sector. The fixed-line segment is declining at a slower rate than in neighbouring markets and the broadband market has expanded rapidly. Healthy competition and the demand for coverage provide good growth opportunities.
- There were net additions of 230,000 in Q413, showing signs of limited growth, but an improvement from the 90,000 loss in Q113.
- The latest data release from AC&M Consulting shows there were 23.2mn wireline broadband subscriptions at mid-2013, up by 14.2% y-o-y, as the penetration rate reached 16.5%.
- FTTx subscriptions increased to 3.51mn at the end of September 2013, from 2.51mn a year earlier.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
Telecoms operator VimpelCom has postponed the sale of its communication towers. This move appears to be due to many factors, including political instability, difficulty with the legal structure of the towers, and investigations of its Uzbekistan unit.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Italy Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2014