Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- BMI View: Although the Serbian consumer electronics market is one of the least lucrative and developed in the region, it has strong growth prospects over the medium term, making it more attractive to global vendors. We project Serbian consumer electronics spending will grow just over 2% in US dollar terms in 2014 to USD 1.2bn, and continue to outperform regional markets over the medium term to 2018. Sales growth rates will be higher than elsewhere in the region as incomes rise and vendors tap the low penetration rates for many consumer electronics devices. Household PC penetration, despite more than doubling over the previous five years, remains at below 30%, while smartphone penetration of around 15% is also a long way below the regional average, and could more than double over the next two years.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD482mn in 2013 to USD475mn in 2014; -1.45% in US dollar terms. Low device penetration rates offer faster growth rates than elsewhere in Europe, however, weak economic conditions and a shift in consumption to cheaper tablets will limit value growth.
- AV Sales : USD420mn in 2013 to USD436mn in 2014; +3.8% in US dollar terms. Flat-screen TV sets will be the main growth driver as Serbia continues its steady migration to digital broadcasting.
- Handset Sales : USD294mn in 2013 to USD313mn in 2014; +6.4% in US dollar terms. The handset market is the most dynamic segment of the consumer electronics market as affordable smartphones drive growth, pushing up the average selling price for handsets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
The PC market in Serbia is expected to exhibit mixed performance in 2014, but has solid medium term growth potential. The Serbian PC market is relatively undeveloped, with household PC penetration reaching 59.9% in 2013, 20pps below the EU-27 average of 80%. Low penetration means there is still an opportunity for vendors to tap the first-time buyer market, as well as the upgrade/replacement...
The Serbia Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Serbia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Venezuela Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- China Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Oman Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014