New Food market report from Markets and Markets: "Specialty Enzymes Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2014 -- Specialty Enzymes Market by Source (Microorganism, Plant, Animal), Type (Carbohydrases, Protease, Lipase, Polymerases & Nucleases), Application (Pharmaceutical, Research & biotechnology, Diagnostic, Bio-Catalyst) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
Specialty enzymes are natural proteins produced from micro organisms, plants and animals. An enzyme serves as catalysts for the chemical process that include the production of pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, research & biotechnology, and biocatalytic solutions. Enzymes increase reaction rates by decreasing the amount of energy required to form a complex of reactants that is competent to produce reaction products. Specialty enzymes according to their type are classified as carbohydrases, proteases, polymerases and nucleases, lipases, and others.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Specialty enzymes report covers analysis of the market structure by identifying various sub-segments of the global specialty enzymes market, Revenue forecasts of the global specialty enzymes markets and its various sub-markets/micro-markets with respect to four main regions- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). Major trends, drivers, and restraints of the global specialty enzymes market are identified and explained in detail.
The specialty enzyme markets include pharmaceutical, research and biotechnology, diagnostics and biocatalysts. Pharmaceutical manufacturers are witnessing increased awareness in incorporating biocatalysis into manufacturing processes. Enzymes are particularly useful to generate isomerically pure pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals In spite of numerous advantages of biocatalysis, manufacturers have been slow to adopt industrial-scale enzymatic approaches.
Specialty enzyme usage in the pharmaceutical industry is mainly for drug manufacture, disease diagnostics, or as therapy. Increasing implication of enzymes in therapies for diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, lysosomal storage disorders, pain and inflammation management, among others, is a tidal force that fuels market demand. Enzyme demand in the research and biotechnology end-market would benefit from the fall in DNA sequencing costs and the increase of new sequencing techniques. The vast majority of enzymes used in research and biotechnology, which spans over 80%of the demand, are devoted to DNA amplification and sequencing. This segment is led by DNA polymerases, which has experienced strong growth as new DNA sequencing techniques have been developed in recent years and the cost of DNA sequencing has dropped dramatically. The number of investigations is expected to increase, creating a strong business case for specialty enzymes
SPECIALTY ENZYMES MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY, 2012
Source: MarketsandMarkets analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Food Enzymes Market By Types (Carbohydrase, Protease, Lipase), Applications (Beverages, Dairy, Bakery), Sources (Microorganisms, Plants, Animals) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Feed Enzyme Market By Type (Phytase, Protease & NSP), Sub-Type (Xylanase, Cellulase, Pectinase, a-glucanase & Mannase), & Application (Swine, Poultry, Ruminant, Aqua Feed & Others)-Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Industrial Enzymes Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Aqua Feed Market By End Consumption (Fish, Crustaceans, Mollusks, Others), By Additives, (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Feed Enzymes, Feed Acidifiers, Others), By Geography: Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Food Encapsulation Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Frozen Bakery Additives Market by Types (Color & Flavor, Preservative, Oxidizing Agent, Reducing Agent, Enzyme, Emulsifier, Others), Applications (Frozen Bread, Cake, Pastry, Pizza Crust, Others) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Nutraceutical Ingredients Marke - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Gluten-Free Products Market By Type (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Mixes & Flour, Meat & Poultry Products), Sales Channel (Natural & Conventional) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Modified Starch Market -Food) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Acidulants Market: Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2018