New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/10/2015 -- Hong Kong, China is one of the Asian cities that has the highest penetration rate of smartphones with 87%, according to government figures. Consumers are highly tech savvy and smartphone addicted, and many of them like using mobile devices such as tablet computers or smartphones when they commute on trains and buses. Digitally multitasking and craving to stay connected in social media draw many Hong Kongers into keeping a close eye distance from electronic screens. Consequently, this is leading to a growing trend of people with core eyesight symptoms, especially in teens and young adults. Demand for spectacles increased over the review period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Luxottica Retail HK Ltd continued leading the spectacles value sales in 2013, with 21% share in retail value terms, and maintained the same level as in 2012. The company carries a range of leading eyewear brands in Hong Kong, China, including Prada, Ray-Ban, Burberry and Oakley. Hong Kong, China is one of the top mega cities that Luxottica Group SpA focused on in 2013, with overall value sales growth rate amounting to 11% increase. Luxottica is successful in maintaining superior production capabilities and an efficient distribution network. New products of Luxottica launched in 2012 performed well and contributed to the increase in value sales.
Over the forecast period, spectacles is expected to post a gradual growing trend in value, with 6% CAGR at constant 2014 prices, largely due to the increasing rate of the myopic and presbyopic population in the city as more young adults, aged 30 or younger, suffer from conditions that previously only affected the older people, including presbyopia. Besides, the ageing population means more older people need reading glasses.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spectacles industry in Hong Kong, China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spectacles industry in Hong Kong, China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spectacles in Hong Kong, China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Do spectacle frames create more sales than spectacle lenses in Hong Kong, China?
- Which type of spectacles do we spend more on ? men?s, women?s or children?s?
- How are independent opticians coping with the emergence of health and beauty multiples?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Eyewear in Hong Kong, China
- Travel and Tourism in Hong Kong to 2018
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Hong Kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in Hong kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in Hong Kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape