New Beverages market report from Euromonitor International: "Sports and Energy Drinks in China"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- Energy drinks in China experienced a surge in popularity over the review period and represents huge potential to attract more players to enter. Since Qili of Hangzhou Wahaha Group was successfully introduced in energy drinks in 2012, Fujian Dali Food Co Ltd followed by launching a new kind of energy drinks product, Hi-Tiger, in April 2013. The successive new product launches have brought more attention to the energy drinks industry and spurred its rapid growth. Over the review period, the proportion of energy drinks within the total soft drinks industry continued to grab value and volume shares with significant increases although it was from a small base.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Red Bull Vitamin Drink Co Ltd remained the leading player in sports and energy drinks in China in 2013, accounting for a 40% share of total volume sales. The company continued to leverage strong marketing and promotional campaigns during 2013 to arouse consumer interest and promote brand awareness. For example, in 2013, the company held the Red Bull Hip-Hop Challenge and set up the Red Bull Style Hip-Hop Party, which were popular among Hip-Hop and fashion fans. Meanwhile, in 2013, Red Bull launched a creative piece of advertising, namely "Extreme Domino". It showed a variety of extreme sports creating domino effects and brought its audience a rich room of imagination, meanwhile vividly embodying the brand's personality.
Sports and energy drinks in China will tend to be more competitive in the forecast period. Products such as Red Bull, Pocari Sweat and Jianlibao as well as Gatorade have cultivated their brands for a long time. As demand for sports and energy drinks increases, these brands will become more prominent based on their established brand images and extensive sales networks in the forecast period. However, in the meantime, some players are keen to enter significantly growing sports and energy drinks, as was Hi-Tiger by Fujian Dali Food Co Ltd in 2013. In order to maintain existing positions and further gain more value and volume shares, leading players are likely to invest more in distribution penetration and marketing campaigns. For example, in some second- and third-tier cities, there are an increasing number of mah-jong rooms for people who like playing the game. Mah-jong fans have become a potential focus for energy drinks companies. In regions of China like Sichuan and Hunan Provinces, local residents like playing mah-jong for a long time and, thus, Red Bull has rapidly captured this chance and launched a variety of promotional sales.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sports and Energy Drinks in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sports and Energy Drinks in China?
- What are the major brands in China?
- What are key new sports and energy drinks launches and what impact impact did they have on #category#?
- Who are the key consumers of sports and energy drinks in China?
- What time of day are sports and energy drinks most commonly consumed?
- What trends motivate people to drink sports and energy drink in China?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Estonia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Germany
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Italy
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the Netherlands
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Spain
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Portugal
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Nigeria
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Indonesia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Uruguay
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the United Kingdom