New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Sri Lanka Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/13/2014 -- Sri Lanka's pharmaceutical sector has received investment from domestic and foreign - notably Indian - investors in recent years, as economic growth has picked up and the government focuse d on improving the domestic pharmaceutical secto r . W e therefore expect th at pharmaceutical and healthcare sector growth will outpace economic growth over the five-year forecast period. Improved relations with India, after the country abstained from voting on the UNHCR resolution, are likely to spur further investments from Indian hospital groups such as Fortis.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: LKR67.70bn (USD524mn) in 2013, to LKR75.09bn (USD570mn) in 2014; +10.9% in local currency terms and 8.9% in US dollar terms over the five-year forecast period.
- Healthcare: LKR261.04bn (USD2.02bn) in 2013, to LKR283.97bn (USD2.16bn) in 2014; +8.8% in local currency terms and 6.8% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sri Lanka's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score for Q314 stands at 38.2 out of 100, making it the seventeenth-most attractive pharmaceutical market in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Trends And Developments
- Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the procurement of pharmaceutical and medical devices. The MOU will help Bangladesh become an important partner in Sri Lanka's socio-economic development, according to Sri Lanka's health minister, Maithripala Sirisena. The Sri Lankan government will be able to maintain a high standard of healthcare in the country, and will ensure the uninterrupted supply of high quality, reasonably priced essential medicines in Sri Lanka, Sirisena added. This is the first pharmaceutical procurement MOU signed by the Sri Lankan government with any institution or government.
- In June 2014, Cipla (Mauritius), a subsidiary of the Indian drugmaker Cipla, signed a definitive agreement with its existing Sri Lankan distributor to acquire a 60%...
The Sri Lanka Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Sri Lanka Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Sri Lankan pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Sri Lanka to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Sri Lankan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Sri Lankan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Sri Lanka.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Greece Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014