Fast Market Research recommends "Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- Ukraine remains a risky pharmaceutical market, despite having once been one of the most attractive markets in the Central and Eastern European region. In 2014, owing to the distressed economic situation in the country, drugmakers can expect a challenging business environment and capital outflow restrictions. Import taxes, pricing restrictions, and exchange rate volatility present significant risks to drugmakers operating in Ukraine, and will worsen the risk-reward ratio over the next two years. Over the long term, we find the market to be attractive due to an ageing population, demographic trends and a considerable disease burden, but the opportunity will be weighed down by pervasive macroeconomic risk and domestic instability.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: UAH36.20bn (USD4.44bn) in 2013 to UAH39.91bn (USD4.05bn) in 2014; +10.2% in local currency terms and -8.7% in US dollar terms. US dollar forecast significantly lower in relation to previous quarter, on account of macroeconomic factors, exchange rate movements.
- Healthcare: UAH109.92bn (USD13.48bn) in 2013 to UAH107.61bn (USD10.92bn) in 2014; -2.1% in local currency terms and -18.9% in US dollar terms. US dollar and local currency forecast revised down significantly owing to budgetary cuts and exchange rate movement.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Ratings: Ukraine is seen as one of the least promising longer-term pharmaceutical markets within the 20 Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) countries surveyed in our Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs). While volume demand is expected to continue growing in the coming years, the country's operating environment remains extremely unfavourable in 2014, especially in the light of the present economic instability and fluid political situation. On almost every metric we measure, in both risk and reward, Ukraine's score in 2014 has worsened.
Key Trends & Developments:
- Wholesalers and drugmakers will soon be forced to declare prices and these prices will be compared...
The Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Ukraine Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Ukrainian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Ukraine to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Ukraine.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bangladesh Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014