Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2015 -- The TRA's release of 800MHz LTE spectrum in the UAE will enable operators' networks to cope with rapidly rising demand for data. As content becomes an increasingly important piece of the Middle East's telecoms ecosystem, we expect operators to continue forming partnerships with and eventually move to acquire regionally focused content providers.
- The mobile market contracted 0.7% q-o-q in Q314, but grew 8.1% y-o-y in the 12 months September 2014.
- The fixed-line sector grew by 1.2% q-o-q in Q314 and 2.8% % y-o-y in the 12 months to September 2014.
- The fixed broadband sector grew by 4.1% q-o-q in Q314 and 7.5% y-o-y in the 12 months to September 2014.
- Market average mobile ARPU was flat in Q314.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The UAE moved up one place to third position in this quarter's update to BMI's Risk/Reward Index (RRI) table with an aggregate score of 61.6, up from 57.7 in our previous update. Despite the mixed operational performance recorded in 9M14, the market continues o present strong subscriptions and revenue growth opportunities across multiple services. A stable political environment and strong private consumption growth help boost the UAE's Country Risk index, although the country continues to score poorly in the Industry Risk category owing to strong state influence on the telecoms sector.
Etisalat has launched a new low-cost prepaid mobile service under a separate brand called Five. The service works like a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), using capacity on Etisalat's network but is only available from separate retail shops and with entirely separate tariffs and service offerings. By launching a separate service for the lower value segment of the market, Etisalat will shield its core business from more rapid ARPU erosion. As the migrant population grows, Five will enable Etisalat to tap into a good opportunity for subscriptions growth, without allowing it to disproportionately impact price...
The United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of United Arab Emirates's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in United Arab Emirates.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for United Arab Emirates to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Emirati telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United Arab Emirates's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in United Arab Emirates.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- United States Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Insurance Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q1 2015