Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2014 -- Nike markets athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories globally. In recent years, it has moved away from a specialist sportswear business and has grown into a fashion and leisurewear label. It does however, remain a major player in the field of sportswear and equipment and is now using dedicated sub-brands to grow its interest in sports such as basketball, golf, soccer, and tennis.
Features and benefits
- This case study looks at how Nike has moved beyond being a sports brand and become a major player in the world of casual clothing.
- This report analyzes Nike's marketing and brand strategies and looks at how successful they have been in establishing the brand in various sports.
- This case study examines how the company is reducing its reliance on the US and outlines which are its fastest growing markets and why.
- This report looks at how Nike's competitors have reacted to its marketing successes.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Nike has moved away from focusing predominantly on such products and has successfully established itself as a fashion brand. This focus on fashion, coupled with the use of specialist brands Converse and Hurley has seen the company broaden its appeal beyond sports enthusiasts.
Nike has a particular focus on basketball, golf, NFL, running, soccer, and tennis. To target these sports and leverage the superstar image of its sponsored athletes, Nike has launched a number of sub-brands, the most famous of which is Jordan, which was built around Michael Jordan and which targets the basketball and urban fashion markets.
Nike is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon and its North American origins are to be seen in its focus on sports such as basketball and the NFL. The company still derives much of its revenue from North America, but by focusing on a wide range of sports with global appeal and becoming a fashion brand, it has been able to build a global empire.
Your key questions answered
- In what markets is Nike active?
- What marketing and brand strategies has Nike employed to establish itself as a leading clothing and sports brand?
- How is Nike reducing its reliance on the US in terms of revenue?
- What potential threats is Nike facing?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Taiga Building Products Ltd. (TBL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Shining Building Business Co., Ltd. (5531) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Nationwide Building Society (POB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- NIKE, Inc. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- Heritage Building Society Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Siemens Building Technologies AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Nationwide Building Society - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- Fletcher Building Limited (FBU) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- CanWel Building Materials Income Fund (CWX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Diamond Building Products Public Company Limited (DRT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review