Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- The Macedonian economy struggled to fend-off a potential recession as a result of the ongoing Euro zone crisis, accompanied with increased levels of unemployment, limited disposable incomes and shaken consumer confidence. In 2013, analysis shows that the measures undertaken by the Government of Macedonia partially managed to avert such a scenario, although high unemployment persisted, particularly among the young population. These events contributed towards consolidation of consumer confidence in the country which ultimately had a positive impact on overall retailing, including non-grocery retailing.
Non-grocery retailers remained highly fragmented in 2013. Only the top three players occupied value shares of 5%, 4% and 3% individually, while a dozen others maintained low value share up to 1%. All other remaining players within non-grocery retailers maintained only marginal individual value shares. The top five players together held just 14% combined value share in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period, non-grocery retailers is predicted to achieve only marginal average value growth in constant 2013 prices, reaching sales of MKD49.7 billion by 2018. Persistently weak purchasing power amongst Macedonian consumers, coupled with volatile consumer confidence amidst the effects of the Euro zone sovereign debt crisis will limit future growth of non-grocery retailers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Macedonia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Macedonia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Non-Grocery Retailers in Macedonia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is discretionary spending affecting non-grocery retailing in Macedonia?
- Are non-grocery channels losing out to the growth of such products in grocery retailing?
- How is non-grocery retailing coming under pressure from non-store channels?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Retailing in China
- Retailing in Poland
- Global Home Furniture and Homewares Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Retailing in Russia
- Retailing in Germany
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Hong Kong, China
- Global Duty Free Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Retailing in New Zealand