New Retailing research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/19/2014 -- Non-grocery retailers in Slovenia continued to be the channel where many consumers made savings by reducing all unnecessary expenditure. Due to the adverse economic situation in the country, falling purchasing power forced many consumers to postpone bigger purchases, such as electronics and home equipment, until a more prosperous time. In an attempt to spur their sales, manufacturers are offering big discounts on many products. Furthermore, with the growing internet sales in the country, many manufacturers are expanding into this channel by opening their own internet stores.
There are many manufacturers presented within non-grocery retailers in Slovenia which remains very fragmented and highly competitive. The leading player in 2013 was domestic company Merkur, which accounted for 12% value share. The company is coping with decreasing sales within both channels - electronics and appliance specialist retailers and home and garden specialist retailers. On the other hand, ranking second overall and leading health and beauty specialist retailer Mueller, managed to increase its sales each year of the review period but accounted for significantly lower share of 5% in 2013. It was followed by Poslovni Sistem Mercator and dm-Drogerie Markt doo.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The first half of the forecast period is expected to be challenging for non-grocery retailers in Slovenia as the country copes with the great challenges of bringing the economy out of recession. With the 2013 measures to bring government budget deficit to an end, also through lower expenditures, disposable incomes of many will fall and the decreasing purchasing power will push demand for non-grocery products even further down. However, the situation is expected to start gradually improving towards the end of the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Slovenia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Slovenia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Non-Grocery Retailers in Slovenia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is discretionary spending affecting non-grocery retailing in Slovenia?
- Are non-grocery channels losing out to the growth of such products in grocery retailing?
- How is non-grocery retailing coming under pressure from non-store channels?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Retailing in China
- Retailing in Poland
- Global Home Furniture and Homewares Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Retailing in Russia
- Retailing in Germany
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Hong Kong, China
- Global Duty Free Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Retailing in New Zealand