New Retailing market report from Euromonitor International: "Non-Grocery Retailers in Uruguay"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- In 2012 and 2013, leaving Argentina and seeking a more-stable overall economic environment, several international premium brands opened stores in Uruguay. Louis Vuitton, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo and Tiffany & Co either opened stores or refurbished existing ones in Punta del Este, to continue targeting a select group of Argentinean consumers who live or spend their vacations in these resorts, as well as affluent Uruguayan consumers. Other international brands such as Fila, Gap and Lacoste also opened new stores in the country.
Chic Parisien continued to lead non-grocery retailers in 2013, recording a 6% value share. This company reached a total of 39 outlets in 2013, and continued to open new stores under the brand names Parisien, La Casa de Las Telas, DNK and Indian (Emporium). Though concentrated in Montevideo, the company also has a presence in several towns in the interior of the country and its brands have been a traditional name in clothing retailing, especially among mid- and low-income consumers. Motociclo, the main electronics and appliance specialist retailer, ranked second in 2013 with a 5% value share, while Coboe continued with the expansion of its Farmashop parapharmacy chain and remained in third place with a 2% value share.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sales through non-grocery retailers are expected to grow at a CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices during the forecast period, which is a slight improvement on the performance over the review period. The good economic conditions that allowed past growth are expected to extend well into the forecast period, with no slowdown in the increase in consumers' purchasing powers. This should be good enough to sustain projected growth rates.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Uruguay with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Uruguay, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Non-Grocery Retailers in Uruguay market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is discretionary spending affecting non-grocery retailing in Uruguay?
- Are non-grocery channels losing out to the growth of such products in grocery retailing?
- How is non-grocery retailing coming under pressure from non-store channels?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Retailing in China
- Retailing in Poland
- Global Home Furniture and Homewares Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Retailing in Russia
- Retailing in Germany
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Hong Kong, China
- Global Duty Free Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Retailing in New Zealand