Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/30/2012 -- The Colombian non-life insurance segment demonstrated strong growth during the review period. This was largely generated from the impressive growth of the motor insurance category, which benefited from the country's rising automobile sales and compulsory third-party liability motor insurance. The Colombian government is planning to triple its current investment on infrastructure by 2014. This investment will be spent on developing roads, buildings, energy and transportation, and will provide opportunities for commercial property and motor insurance providers to capitalize on over the forecast period.
- Infrastructure development is essential for Colombia's economic growth. This has been identified by the country's government and, as a result, the government increased its focus on infrastructure development during the review period.
- The rising level of non-life insurance fraud and crimes, especially in the motor insurance category, has constrained the growth of the insurance segment. The problem of insurance fraud is considered to be much greater in Colombia than in other South American countries.
- The main reason for the large size of the motor insurance category is the country's robust automobile industry performance and compulsory ture of motor third-party liability insurance. The demand for automobiles increased as Colombians registered rising disposable income levels, some of which was spent on automobiles.
- Despite these opportunities for growth, there are a few challenges that could adversely affect Colombian non-life insurance development.
- The Colombian insurance industry is one of the largest in Latin America and it contains both domestic and foreign insurers. In 2011, 25 companies were licensed to conduct non-life insurance business operations in Colombia.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive a lysis of the non-life insurance market in Colombia:
- It provides historical values for the Colombian non-life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed a lysis of the key sub-segments in the Colombian non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It a lyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Colombia
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" a lysis, it details the competitive landscape in Colombia for the non-life insurance business
- It provides a detailed a lysis of the reinsurance market in Colombia and its growth prospects
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Suramerica de Seguros SA, Liberty Seguros Colombia, Colseguros SA, La Previsora SA, QBE Seguros SA, Colpatria Seguros SA, Compania de Seguros Bolivar SA, Mapfre Seguros Generales de Colombia SA, Royal and Su lliance Seguros (Colombia) SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Colombia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Colombia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Reinsurance in Colombia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Czech Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Poland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016