Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/19/2014 -- The non-life segment is the second-largest in the Danish insurance industry, representing 21.5% of the industry's gross written premium in 2012. It was led by the property insurance category with a 53.0% share of the segment's gross written premium in 2012, followed by motor insurance with 32.7%. Mandatory fire insurance for houses supported the growth of property insurance in Denmark. Moreover, growth in automobile sales and recovery in the property market in Denmark supported the growth of the non-life segment during the review period, and is expected to continue to do so over the forecast period. Compulsory third-party motor liability insurance and comprehensive motor insurance also supported the growth of non-life insurance during the review period, and both motor and property insurance are expected to retain their shares over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Non-life insurance was the second-largest segment in the Danish insurance industry in 2012, representing a 21.5% industry share
- The Danish non-life segment is large and concentrated, with the top 10 insurers accounting for around 85% of the segment's overall gross written premium in 2012
- Property insurance dominated the segment with a 53.0% share in 2012, followed by motor insurance with 32.7, general liability with 12.1% and marine aviation and transit insurance with 2.2%
- As of 2012, 85 companies were licensed to conduct non-life insurance business in the country, down from 113 in 2008
- A series of mergers and acquisitions during the review period significantly changed the competitive structure of the industry
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Denmark:
- It provides historical values for Denmark's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Denmark's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Denmark.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Denmark for the non-life insurance segment.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Denmark and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Denmark and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Tryg Forsikring A/S, Codan Forsikring A/S, Topdanmark Forsikring A/S, Alm. Brand Forsikring A/S, LB Forsikring A/S, Danske Forsikring A/S, Forsikrings-Aktieselskabet Alka Liv II, Alpha Insurance A/S, GF-Forsikring A/S, Nykredit Forsikring A/S
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017