Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/08/2012 -- Despite the difficult economic environment in Europe, the French non-life insurance segment recorded positive growth during the review period. This was mainly supported by the country's gradually improving disposable income levels, recovering property market and increasing motor insurance premiums. Furthermore, the insurance regulatory authority made several non-life insurance policies compulsory in France supporting the growth of the segment. In addition, the non-life insurance segment is expected to benefit from the increased levels of risk awareness and preparation for risk avoidance among French consumers.
- The expanding construction and real estate industries and improving awareness of the risks associated with natural disasters is expected to generate more demand for property insurance products in France over the forecast period.
- French consumers are looking for low-cost insurance products with higher coverage, which is forcing insurance companies to offer products at competitive prices in order to acquire customers.
- Bancassurance was the fastest-growing distribution channel in the French non-life insurance segment during the review period. The most common bancassurance arrangement in France is the integrated model, in which banks operate wholly owned captive insurance subsidiaries.
- Proposed Solvency II norms will set new requirements on capital adequacy and risk management for insurance companies operating in France. Existing insurance directives will be amended and revised to Solvency II norms across Europe in order to introduce a consistent, risk-based solvency regime.
- Non-life insurance companies in France have been utilizing several existing and innovative distribution channels to reach out to a larger customer base and sell their products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance market in France:
- It provides historical values for the French non-life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the French non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in France
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in France for the non-life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in France and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in France and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Companies Mentioned in this Report: COVEA (MAAF, MMA and GMF), Groupama, Sferen (MACIF, MAIF and MATMUT), AXA France, Allianz France, Generali France, Credit Agricole Assurances, Groupe des Assurances du Credit Mutuel, CNP Assurances, Aviva France
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Czech Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Poland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Colombia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Mexico, Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Tax Incentives to Continue to Encourage Investment in Life Insurance Retirement Products
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016