New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "Non-Life Insurance in Iran, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2012 -- The Iranian non-life insurance segment was strongly influenced by rising levels of GDP growth and an increase in the motor insurance category, driven by the rising number of road accidents. Growth in the property, automobile and industrial sectors is anticipated to drive the growth of the segment over the forecast period. Motor insurance accounted for the largest market share of the non-life insurance segment in 2011 and is expected to continue its domination over the forecast period.
- The Iranian construction industry grew significantly due to national and international investment in construction. The Iranian construction industry is considered the largest in the Middle East and according to the Central Bank of Iran, around 70% of Iranians own homes, indicating a large amount of disposable income in the country.
- During the review period, the Iranian non-life insurance segment registered steady growth in the presence of sustainable economic growth driven by rising GDP levels and insurance penetration rates.
- Motor insurance accounted for the largest share of the Iranian non-life insurance segment in terms of gross written premium.
- Foreign insurers and insurance intermediaries are able to open contact offices in the Islamic Republic of Iran. However, the opening of such offices is subject to the approval of Bimeh Markazi.
- The distribution network of insurance products in Iran is made up predominantly of brokers, agency networks, bancassurance and direct marketing channels. The major share of non-life insurance policies in Iran are sold through brokers, covered under the other distribution channels category in the report.
- As of 2011, there were 23 companies licensed to conduct non-life insurance business in Iran. Iranian insurance companies are regulated by the Bimeh Markazi of Iran, which has a very reputable standing in various insurance industries worldwide.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance market in Iran:
- It provides historical values for the Iranian non-life insurance market for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Iranian non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for insurance products in Iran
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in the Iranian non-life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Iran and its growth prospects
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Iran Insurance Company , Asia Insurance Co. , Alborz Insurance Company , Parsian Insurance Company , Dana Insurance Company , Mellat Insurance Company , Moallem Insurance Co. , Karafarin Insurance Company , Sina Insurance , Tose-eh Insurance
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016