Recently published research from Timetric, "Non-Life Insurance in Peru, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/25/2013 -- The non-life segment accounted for 43.5% of the Peruvian insurance industry's total gross written premium in 2012. The segment grew at a CAGR of 14.5% to reach PEN3.4 billion (US$1.3 billion) in 2012. The growth is attributed to increased vehicle sales, growth in the housing market and large investments in infrastructure. Government reforms and the development of microinsurance also drove growth. There were 13 insurance companies in the Peruvian non-life segment at the end of July 2013, with the five leading companies accounting for around 93% of the gross written premium. Over the forecast period, low penetration rates, government measures to facilitate investment, and development in the housing and automobile markets will drive growth in the non-life segment.
- The Peru non-life insurance segment recorded strong growth during the review period, primarily supported by rising motor vehicle sales, growth in the housing market, large investments in infrastructure and a favorable regulatory framework
- The gross written premium of the Peruvian non-life segment recorded a CAGR of 14.5% to reached PEN3.4 billion (US$1.3 billion) in 2012
- Property insurance was the largest category of the non-life insurance segment in Peru, accounting for around 44.6% of the total gross written premium in 2012
- Insurance brokers represented the largest distribution channel in the non-life segment in 2012, accounting for 80.8% of the written premium
- The Peru non-life segment is fragmented with the five leading companies collectively accounting for 93.4% of the segment's written premium in 2012
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Peru:
- It provides historical values for the Peruvian non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Peruvian non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Peru
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Peru for the non-life insurance segment
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Peru and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Peru and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Peruvian non-life insurance segment and each category within it
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Rimac Seguros, La Positiva, Pacifico Seguros Generalis, Mapfre Peru, Ace Seguros SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017