Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/01/2014 -- The US's non-life insurance segment is the largest and most mature non-life segment in the world. This segment accounted for 28.9% of the overall US insurance industry's written premium in 2012. The written premium value of the segment increased at a CAGR of 0.9% during the review period. The growth was partially as a consequence of the decline in unemployment, the recovering economic climate, investment returns and interest rates. The recovery of property prices, coupled with high passenger car sales in the domestic market, contributed to the marginal review-period growth of the non-life segment. The occurrence of a series of natural disasters in the US such as floods, Hurricane Gustav, Hurricane Ike, the New England Ice Storm in 2008, the northeast blizzards of 2010, the Alabama tornado outbreak, Mississippi floods, Hurricane Irene in 2011 and Hurricane Sandy in October 2012 negatively impacted the profitability of non-life insurance companies during the review period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The US non-life insurance segment is the largest in the world in terms of gross written premium
- The US non-life segment accounted for 28.9%, in terms of written premium, of the country's overall insurance industry in 2012
- The recovery in the housing market and increases in house prices supported the growth of the US non-life segment during the review period
- The US motor insurance category, the largest in the US non-life segment in terms of written premium, is expected to be supported by growth in automotive sales
- Rising house prices and the US's robust export growth is expected to encourage growth in the property, marine, aviation and transit categories over the forecast period
- The US has the largest and most well-established non-life insurance segment in the world. The segment is highly competitive and fragmented with the 10 leading companies accounting for 48.0% of the market
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in the US:
- It provides historical values for the US's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categiories in the US's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in the US.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in the US for the non-life insurance segment.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in the US and its growth prospects.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Zurich Insurance Group, Liberty Mutual Group, Inc., Allstate Insurance Company, American International Group, Inc., Travelers Companies Inc., Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, The Progressive Corporation, United Services Automobile Association
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017