New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/24/2014 -- Other than Libya, which continues to feel the effects of the 2011 civil war, competition is strong in North Africa's mobile markets. While there remains some growth potential in the region's mobile markets, BMI believes mobile data and increased liberalisation in the wireline segment will be the major drivers of growth throughout our forecast period to 2018. Morocco's regulator has given incumbent Maroc T?l?com until August to impleme nt local loop unbundling, Alg?rie T?l?com has reduced the price of broadband services to respond to the launch of 3G services in H114 and Tunisie T?l?com has ramped up investment in its wireline and mobile data networks. Meanwhile, Etisalat has completed its acquisition of a 53% stake in Maroc T ?l?com. BMI expects these developments to result in an acceleration of convergence strategies, as operators look beyond the mobile voice market for revenue and subscriptions growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Data from the ARPT showed there were 3.5mn mobile subscriptions in Algeria at the end of 2013, around 200,000 higher than BMI's estimate owing to strong growth in state-owned Mobilis' network. We forecast this will rise to 40.7mn in 2014. 3G growth will be fairly limited in 2014, as licences were only offered at the end of 2013.
- New regulator data in Tunisia revealed much higher 3G growth than has been previously believed. INT data shows there were 3.588mn 3G subscriptions in Tunisia in March 2014, up 21.3% q-o-q and 96.5% from a year earlier.
- Heated competition between Morocco's three mobile operators sustained strong growth in the mobile and 3G markets in Q114, with net quarterly additions of nearly a million and more than 500,000, respectively. We forecast the number of mobile subscriptions to rise to 49.2mn and 3G subscriptions to reach 9.0mn by 2018.
Key Trends & Developments
In Q114 the INT released a breakdown of dedicated 3G dongle subscriptions and voice and data 3G subscriptions, which showed...
The North Africa Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's North Africa Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Algerian, Libyan, Moroccan, Tunisian telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Jordan Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Southern Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Qatar Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014