Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/01/2014 -- We continue to expect a slowdown in oil sector investment, an uncompetitive export sector, and a cooling residential real estate sector to weigh on Norwegian GDP growth in 2014-15.
The residential housing market has been a major contributor to overall real GDP growth for most of the past decade, but is set to cool over the next few years. While we have not yet seen signs of a full-blown housing crash, prices are falling, and we will be vigilant for signs of a more pronounced correction in the coming quarters.
We believe that the newly elected Conservative-Progress minority coalition government is unlikely to agitate for major changes in policy in the near future.
Major Forecast Changes
We have lowered our 2014 real GDP growth estimate for Norway to 1.6% from 2.0%, owing to weak Q413 data pushing down the base effect.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Croatia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Trinidad & Tobago Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Canada Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Russia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Albania Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Lithuania Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- United States Business Forecast Report Q2 2014