New Manufacturing market report from Euromonitor International: "Beauty and Personal Care Packaging in Italy"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/08/2014 -- The severe economic crisis remained the main determining factor affecting consumption patterns in beauty and personal care packaging in Italy in 2012. Despite being global in nature, the economic downturn has hit especially hard in Italy, as joblessness recently surpassed 12%, marking its highest level in over 20 years. The surge in the unemployment rate, coupled with the overall drop-off in disposable incomes, has predictably caused significant reductions in spending by Italian consumers. In addition, Italian consumers have become increasingly price conscious, a trend that has particularly benefitted the sale of private label products and, in terms of packaging, larger-format sizes as well as well as multipacks.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Recent data on economic performance published in Italy confirmed the prolonged nature and severity of the current economic crisis. Unemployment continues to increase steadily, while the nation saw a decline in GDP in 2012. Most economists predict negative economic growth in the near term and sluggish economic growth in the medium term as the Italian economy struggles to correct several structural deficiencies. Italy's economy faces a number of serious structural challenges, suggesting that any recovery will be slow and protracted as the country is forced to restructure its rigid labour market, gradually reduces its heavy debt load, and eliminates the excessive bureaucratic red tape that slows economic growth. In this context, overall sales of beauty and personal care products will be sluggish. In addition, the consumer flight to value that has been one of the hallmarks of the current economic crisis will continue to significantly bolster the growth of private label across a large number of beauty and personal care categories, as Italian consumers increasingly seek out cheaper alternatives in an attempt to stretch their beleaguered family budgets. This shift will favour the growth of HPDE bottles, particularly in products related to daily grooming, such as deodorants, hair care products and bath and shower gel, due to the low cost, durability and versatility of this variety of plastic. While economic circumstances are forcing Italian consumers to be increasingly price conscious, they are not willing to compromise on quality or convenience. Therefore, leading private label brands will continue to incorporate convenience features in the packaging, most notably pumps in skin care and sun care products.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beauty and Personal Care Packaging industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beauty and Personal Care Packaging industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beauty and Personal Care Packaging in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the total unit volume of beauty and personal care packaging in Italy?
- What are the major beauty and personal care pack types in Italy?
- Are functional closures such as sprays and pumps growing in skin care packaging?
- What are the most dynamic pack types within beauty and personal care?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby Care, Bath and Shower, Colour Cosmetics, Deodorants, Depilatories, Fragrances, Hair Care, Men's Grooming, Oral Care, Skin Care, Sun Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Health and Beauty Packaging Market in New Zealand to 2017
- The Future of the Health and Beauty Packaging Market in Peru to 2017
- The Future of the Health and Beauty Packaging Market in Finland to 2017
- The Future of the Health and Beauty Packaging Market in Bulgaria to 2017
- The Future of the Healthand Beauty Packaging Market in China to 2017
- The Future of the Health and Beauty Packaging Market in the Czech Republic to 2017
- The Future of Indonesia Health and Beauty Packaging to 2017
- The Future of Turkey Health and Beauty Packaging to 2017
- The Future of Australia Health and Beauty Packaging to 2017
- The Future of the Netherlands Health and Beauty Packaging to 2017