Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/19/2014 -- In 2013 the most important factor impacting value growth in car rental was cheaper flights in the country. People preferred to rent a car once they landed in their destination, rather than driving the whole way, for safety reasons. This was particularly the case for summer holidays, during which many consumers travelled to the southern cities of Mugla and Antalya, which are the most popular holiday destinations in Turkey. For example, a trip from Istanbul to Antalya, a distance of 750km, takes 10 hours by car, and even longer by bus. It is costly, and perceived as exhausting and dangerous by many domestic travellers. Whilst the price of air travel is almost equal to bus travel, for long distances it is cheaper compared with the fuel costs of doing the same trip by car. In addition, other important factors which fuelled the growth in car rental were the increase in tourist numbers, road improvements and a change in consumer behaviour, in terms of holidaying more and increased mobility.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period car rental is expected to see a value CAGR of 5% at constant 2013 prices, compared with a negative CAGR over the review period. The increase in tourism in the country, improved road infrastructure and the development of air transportation and associated reduction in flight prices will play an important role in growth.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Car Rental by Category, Car Rental by Channel.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research
is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com
or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Transportation research reports
at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The North American Car Rental Market to 2018
- Car Rental in Thailand to 2018: Market Databook
- Car Rental in Japan to 2018: Market Databook
- Car Rental in Spain to 2017: Market Databook
- Car Rental in Mexico to 2017: Market Databook
- Car Rental in Saudi Arabia to 2018: Market Databook
- Car Rental in the Netherlands to 2017: Market Databook
- Car Rental in Turkey to 2018: Market Databook
- Car Rental in South Africa to 2017: Market Databook
- Car Rental in Brazil to 2017: Market Databook