Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Carbonates in Portugal", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- Carbonates in Portugal has been experiencing numerous difficulties recovering to the point where positive growth is possible. Carbonates remains the second most consumed soft drinks category in Portugal. However, regardless of this high popularity, economic constraints have dictated declines in consumption in recent years. In order to manage family budgets, a high number of Portuguese households have opted to consume cheaper soft drinks and tap water has become increasingly popular. This adverse situation continued to undermine the performance of carbonates throughout the review period and in 2013 resulted in an 8% off-trade value decline in the category.
Coca-Cola remains the most popular carbonates brand in Portugal and held a 31% value share in 2013. The unique marketing surrounding the brand captivated the interest of the majority of Portuguese consumers throughout the review period, encouraging them to remain loyal to Coca-Cola. According to several studies, while Coca-Cola consumers affirm that they rarely supplant their preferred brand for rival brand Pepsi, Pepsi's regular consumers often admit that they try Coca-Cola as an alternative to Pepsi quite often.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The financial adjustment programme implemented in Portugal by the International Monetary Fund earlier in the review period is set to come to an end during 2014. Nonetheless, it has not yet been decided whether an additional probationary period will be required. This period of uncertainty is unlikely to be particularly beneficial for carbonates overall and the category is expected to register a modest CAGR over the forecast period as the majority of consumers remain cautious about the state of the local economy and this is leading to them continuing to limit their spending on all unnecessary and non-essential items.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Carbonates industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Carbonates industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Carbonates in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Carbonates in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- Who are the key consumers of carbonates in Portugal?
- How do premium vs. standard vs. economy brands compete for sales and market share?
- How does the sales performance of domestic manufacturers compare to international brands/manufacturers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Carbonates Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in MENA to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates in Germany
- Carbonates in the Netherlands
- Carbonates in China
- Carbonates in Estonia
- Carbonates in Spain