New Transportation research report from MarketLine is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/29/2014 -- The US hybrid and electric car market has grown strongly in recent years. The dominance of Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) is being challenged by other manufacturers, such as Ford Motor Company (Ford). This case study examines recent movements in the market, factors influencing these trends, and analyzes Toyota and Ford's position in the US hybrid and electric car market.
Report Features and Benefits
- Find out what the major movements in the US hybrid and electric car market have been in the past few years, and what has been driving them.
- Get a range of data on the US hybrid and electric car market, including historical sales volumes, market share and market segment information.
- This report includes analysis of Toyota and Ford's current US electrified product lineups, and recent issues that they have faced.
- This case study identifies Toyota and Ford's future plans in the hybrid and electric car market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sales volumes of electric and hybrid cars have been fluctuating in the US over the past few years, with the market being hit hard by the economic downturn from 2008 onwards. However, sales picked up in 2012, and continued to grow at a strong pace in 2013.
Although retaining its dominant position, Toyota's market share was eroded in 2013 following increased sales from the likes of Ford, a company that has recently significantly increased its presence in the alternative fuel vehicle market, as well as the success of pure electric vehicles, such as the Tesla Model S and Nissan Leaf.
Although the US hybrid and electric car market is currently growing at a strong rate, manufacturers are already moving to new fuel technologies, such as hydrogen fuel cells and solar power. This shows that manufacturers are committed to alternative fuel vehicles in the long term, and that they are set to grow in importance over the coming years.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- Why is the US hybrid and electric car market growing, and why is this set to continue in the coming years?
- What has been the biggest growth area of the US hybrid and electric car market, and what are the reasons behind it?
- How, and why, has Ford taken the number two spot in the US market in terms of sales volume?
- What potential threats does Toyota face in the near future?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Automotive Lighting Market: By Position (Front, Rear, Side, & Interior), Technology (Halogen, Xenon/HID, & LED), Vehicle Type, & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Automotive HVAC Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, LCVs & HCVs), Technology (Manual & Automatic), Components & Cabin Comfort Market by Type (Power Seats, Power Windows, Heated Seats & Sunroofs) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Semiconductor Devices (Discrete & IC) and Substrate Wafer Market - Forecast & Analysis to 2013 - 2022
- Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) Market by Compensation (Shunt, Series, Combined), Component (Thyristors, Capacitor Banks, Reactors), Application, Industry Vertical (Electric Utilities, Steel, Mining), Global Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Electric Vehicle Battery Market - Market Size, Investment Analysis, and Forecast to 2020
- Situation Awareness System Market by Products (Access Control, PSIM, HMI, Video Systems, CBRN), Verticals (Homeland Security, Defense), Applications (Robots, Business Intelligence, Connected Cars, Smart Infrastructure) & Geography (2013 - 2020)
- Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- Toshiba Corporation (6502) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Toyota Motor Corporation (7203) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile