New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Iran Freight Transport Report Q3 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- Our outlook for the Iranian freight transport sector in 2014 is that the country will begin to see a return to growth in volumes, in part due to base effects, and in part due to the more moderate stance adopted by new President Rouhani, and the loosening of sanctions against the country. Although the ports and shipping continue to face significant challenges, rail freight continues to see strong investment.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 port of Bandar Abbas throughput is forecast to return to growth at 3.1%, and to average 6.5% to 2018.
- 2014 road freight volumes forecast to grow by 4.6% and are projected to average 3.9% over the forecast period to 2018.
- 2014 rail freight tonnes-km is forecast to grow by 2.0%, and is projected to average 2.3% growth per annum over the forecast period to 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- 2014 air freight tonnes-km is forecast to grow by 1.6% and to average growth of 1.8% a year to 2018.
- 2014 total trade is forecast to experience a real growth of 2% in 2014, and average 2.1% to 2018.
Key Industry Trends
Turkmenistan Rail Line Set For End-2014 Completion: The construction of a new rail line connecting Turkmenistan with Iran is likely to be completed before end-2014. Upon completion, the rail link will offer a new import and export route to landlocked Central Asian countries through the Iranian ports. The rail line will also be linked with Kazakhstan. In 2007, the governments of Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Iran had entered into a trilateral intergovernmental agreement on the Zhanaozen-Gyzylgaya-Bereket-Etrek-Gorgan railway line.
DP World Eyes Expansion With More Investments: DP World plans to expand further with investments across the UK, Africa and Iran, according to DP World Chairman Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem. DP's subsidiary DP Beyond Europe is extending its business rapidly in Africa as part of its expansion plan.
Governments To Sign Agreement To Link Through Chabahar Port: The governments of Iran, Afghanistan and India will be signing a...
The Iran Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Iran Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Iranian freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Iran to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Iranian freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Iran.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Panama Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q3 2014