New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2014 -- Investment into Kenya's healthcare sector by pharmaceutical and medical device companies is an advisable business strategy - as highlighted by the high growth forecast in healthcare spending between 2013 and 2018. However, we note that there are downside risks to our forecast , including government inefficiencies and the out-of-pocket characteristics of the market , which will act as challenges for companies looking for a rapid return on investment.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: KES55.29bn (USD642mn) in 2013 to KES64.32bn (USD742mn) in 2014; 16.3% growth in local currency terms and 15.6% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: KES184.27bn (USD2.14bn) in 2013 to KES207.59bn (USD2.40bn) in 2014; 12.7% growth in local currency terms and 12.0% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In BMI's Q414 Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs), Kenya is 19th in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). A large counterfeiting industry, poor healthcare funding, corruption, regulatory deficiencies and a number of other issues will conspire to keep Kenya in a low position in the MEA matrix. Nevertheless, in comparison with many other African markets, most of which are not surveyed by BMI, Kenya offers more commercial promise and a more stable overall business environment.
Key Trends And Developments:
On June 12 2014, Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich presented Kenya's KES1.8trn (USD20.57bn) budget for the 2014/2015 fiscal year, which will begin on July 1 2014. For healthcare, a total of KES47.4bn (USD541mn) has been allocated to the sector, focused on enhancing the quality and accessibility of healthcare services in the country.
In July 2014, Kenya's Reproductive Health Care Bill received mixed reactions, with some in support of the bill, claiming that it will lower the HIV infection rate and help address the increasing incidence of teenage pregnancy. Meanwhile others have criticised it, stating that it will affect children's...
The Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Kenya to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kenya.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Japan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014