Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/24/2013 -- The latest data emerging from Norway reinforces BMI's view that, although it is one of the highest value markets in the world, on a per capita basis, it is also highly saturated and offers few organic growth opportunities for traditional telecoms players. While new mobile operator Network Norway continues to lure customers away from existing players, two of the country's strongest alternative broadband and internet telephony players have merged and the largest cable TV provider is still understood to be up for sale. Regulatory developments that include mobile termination rate (MTR) cuts and the introduction of wholesale fibre access rules put further pressure on operators as over-the-top (OTT) players such as WhatsApp and Netflix vie for consumers' monthly budgets.
- In October 2013 Telenor Norge was reportedly facing a record fine for providing different connection speeds to customers of its wholesale partners and its own subscribers. The Norwegian Post & Telecoms Authority (NPT) notified the operator of a NOK5mn (US$620,000) penalty for violating the law, which requires it to provide its wholesale customers with 2G and 3G on the same terms as its own customers.
- In October 2013 Norwegian telecoms provider Telenor outlined plans to deploy 2,000 more 3G/4G base stations as the number of customers availing the operator's LTE-based services continue to rise. The company revealed that about 400,000 users had signed up to its LTE-based service since its launch in October 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)