Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/16/2014 -- Oral care increased by 6% in value terms thanks to the healthy growth rate of mouthwashes/dental rinses in 2013. It recorded 27% value growth rate, and the value size reached Won69 billion. Market size of mouthwashes/dental rinses is expanding because of introduction of diverse products by manufacturers such as of child-specific mouthwashes. Also, the category is strongly affected by environmental conditions. In late 2013, fine dust became a hygiene issue in South Korea, so consumers showed a tendency to purchase and use more mouthwashes/dental rinses in the same pattern as in 2009 when the H1N1 flu outbreak hit the world.
Procter & Gamble Korea Inc maintained the leading position with 24% value share through sales only of toothbrushes in oral care. The company took 29% value share in manual toothbrushes as a top player, and it also recorded more than 69% value share within power toothbrushes. In particular, the company dominated electronic toothbrushes with 82% value share in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Oral care is expected to increase by a constant value CAGR of 3% over the forecast period. Most categories in oral care will show positive growth, even if slight, due to consumers' increasing interest in oral hygiene. Mouthwashes/dental rinses will continue to show strong growth with a constant value CAGR of 13% by 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Oral Care industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Oral Care industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Oral Care in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Oral Care in South Korea?
- What are the major brands in South Korea?
- Which type of toothpaste is most popular?
- How are sales of manual versus power toothbrushes faring?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dental Floss, Denture Care, Mouth Fresheners, Mouthwashes/Dental Rinses, Tooth Whiteners, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Korea to 2017
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Africa: Market Profile to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Korea: Market Profile to 2017
- Oral Care in South Africa
- Denture Care Market in South Korea to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Africa to 2017
- Beauty and Personal Care in South Africa