New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Qatar Information Technology Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- Although Qatar's small population limits growth opportunities in the IT market, it is nevertheless supported by high private consumption levels and strong government support for the ICT sector. ICT has been a major beneficiary of government policies to diversify Qatar's economy away from hydrocarbons, notably through ictQATAR's ICT-2015 strategy and the government's push to build smart cities. These government initiatives have led to ambitious investments in network infrastructure which will encourage broader take-up of IT services as well as development of innovative IT systems. However , we note that increased diplomatic tensions between Qatar and other GCC member states pose downside risk to our economic outlook for the country, which could in turn curtail the government's ability to maintain high levels of investment in the ICT sector over the long term.
Headline Expenditure Projections
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Computer Hardware Sales: QAR2.95bn in 2014 to QAR4.26bn in 2018, CAGR of +9.2% in local currency terms. Despite high PC penetration, high incomes will foster multiple device ownership as tablets and other new touch form factors make up a larger share of sales.
- Software Sales: QAR1.311bn in 2014 to QAR2.13bn in 2018, CAGR of +13.2% in local currency terms. Scope remains for growth in the enterprise software market over the medium term with low current penetration by international standards.
- IT Services Sales: QAR2.294bn in 2014 to QAR3.753bn in 2018, CAGR of +14.4% in local currency terms. Services are expected to perform well in the IT market in the medium term due to demand for cloud computing, smart systems and security services from the public and private sectors.
Qatar is the top ranking country on our Risk/Reward Rating table for the Middle East and Africa region, ahead of both Israel and the UAE, with an aggregate score of 69.4.
Key Trends And Developments
Global IT firms are beginning to extend their physical...
The Qatar Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Qatar Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Qatar.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Qatar to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Qatari IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Qatar's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Qatar.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research