New Publishing market report from MarketLine: "The music industry: The rise of digital music"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/16/2013 -- The global music industry reached a high of nearly $30bn in revenues in 1999 before going into decline. This decline continued consistently until the industry grew by 0.3% in 2012. The increased popularity of legal digital music services, which grew by 9.8% in 2012, has been credited as the dominant force behind this growth.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
*In 2003, CDs represented 94.8% of music sales in the US. By 2012, this had fallen to 35.8% of US sales.
Download sales of singles and albums grew by 12% to 4.3 billion units in 2012. Subscription and ad-supported royalty fees grew at a much stronger rate: 71.4%.
The last 15 years has seen the emergence of online music piracy. However, there is still some disagreement over whether, or to what extent, this has affected the music industry's revenues. In order to try to eradicate piracy, the Copyright Alert System has been developed with major US Internet Service Providers (ISPs.)
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- Why has the music industry experienced decline since 1999?
- What was the driving force behind the music industry's marginal growth in 2012?
- How has the way in which we access music changed in the past 40 years?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Publishing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Music & Video: Global Industry Guide
- Social and Digital Entertainment Market and Forecast Analysis 2013 - 2018
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in Emerging Asia: Market Guide to 2016
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in Asia-Pacific: Market Guide to 2016
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in Eastern Europe: Market Guide to 2016
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in Emerging Europe: Market Guide to 2016
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in BRIC: Market Guide to 2016
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in Emerging Markets to 2016: Market Guide
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in Global: Market Guide to 2016
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in G20 to 2016: Market Guide
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)