Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/31/2014 -- The biggest story in Ecuador in 2013 with regards to transportation was the opening of the new Mariscal Sucre International Airport approximately 18 kilometres east of Quito to replace the capital's old airport, also named after Mariscal Sucre. The new airport has the increased infrastructure needed to handle larger, long-distance aircraft, unlike the old airport which was limited by its location in a residential neighbourhood. In the initial months after the airport opened in February 2013, the municipal government offered subsidies covering thirty percent of airport usage fees for routes connecting Quito to new destinations and twenty percent for increased flight frequencies. The airport itself added to these subsidies, offering subsidies of forty percent on fuel costs for new flights between Quito and certain destinations including Brazil and Mexico. These subsidies helped offset an increase in airport usage fees estimated to be between 40 and 100% depending on the airline and flight between the old airport and the new one.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Travel by rail is expected to show the strongest growth of any transportation category, with sales increasing at a CAGR of 14% in constant value. Despite this sharp growth, rail travel will remain the smallest category in terms of total sales. Air travel will also exhibit strong growth, with a forecast CAGR of 8% and sales rising to US$554 million by 2018 in constant value. The increased capacity and subsidies at the new Quito airport will result in increased flights and passengers to Quito. New routes, such as between Guayaquil and New York and Quito and Mexico City, will contribute to this growth. Additionally, Ecuador is general expected to draw more tourists over the forecast period, and by air is the most common way for tourists to arrive for many key source markets including the US, Western European and Australasian countries. Charter flights will show the weakest growth, with total value sales showing a forecast value CAGR at constant 2013 prices of 5%. The increasing availability of scheduled flights will decrease demand for charter flights.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Transportation industry in Ecuador with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Transportation industry in Ecuador, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Transportation in Ecuador market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Transportation in Ecuador?
- What are the major brands in Ecuador?
- Is there a move from schedule to low cost carriers?
- Is there a shift away from air to rail?
- How well is capacity aligned with utilisation?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Transportation by Category, Transportation by Channel.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Transportation Systems and Analytics Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Transportation in Hungary
- Transportation in Denmark
- Transportation in the Czech Republic
- Transportation Management Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)
- Transportation in Sweden
- Transportation in Canada
- Transportation in Hong Kong, China
- Transportation in Russia
- Transportation in Finland