New Consumer Goods market report from Datamonitor: "TrendSights: Aging Populations"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- Aging populations are having profound consequences for global societies, politics, and economics, and as such will inevitably affect the way CPG manufacturers target consumers. Finding a better balance in addressing the needs of both older and younger segments will prove crucial in driving market success moving forwards.
Scope of this Report
- Pinpoint over 30 marketing and innovation "platforms" that can be employed to more effectively identify with consumers and entice new product trial.
- Access a number of unique Datamonitor datasets to understand the extent to which populations are aging and the markets in which this is most apparent.
- Use a blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand the impact of population aging on shoppers' attitudes and buying behaviors.
- The analysis encompasses a sub-trend overview and an examination of four of the themes most associated with the Aging Populations sub-trend.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Developing countries now display some of the fastest rates of demographic change. By 2050, four of the top 10 oldest countries (by population percentage aged over 60) globally will be developing markets, compared to none in 2012. Such rapid aging will see many developing countries grow old before they are rich.
Japan and China will serve as the world's "test cases" for population aging. This is because both are experiencing population aging at unprecedented rates, yet they face the distinct challenges of the developed and developing world, respectively. The experiences of these two countries will therefore be instructive to others globally.
Keywords: evolving, landscapes, aging, population, seniors, baby boomers, retirement, Asia, Japan, China, empty nesters, spending power, retail, layouts, active, healthy, generation, life expectancy, individualism, packaging, ergonomics, multigenerational, leisure.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the key mega-trends, trends, and sub-trends that are shaping the consumer and innovation landscape? Where does Aging Populations fit?
- What is the Aging Populations sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in my sector?
- What is the impact of population aging on senior consumers' retirement plans, life aspirations and spending intentions?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- TrendSights: Vitality & Balance
- TrendSights: Situational Complexity
- TrendSights: Risk Aversion
- TrendSights: Ethical Luxury
- TrendSights: Cruelty-Free
- TrendSights: Efficient & Effective
- TrendSights: Simplicity
- OTC Pharmaceuticals and Self-medication in Seven Emerging Markets - Expanded Access, Aging Populations and Increasing Obesity Levels to Drive Future Growth
- The Future of the Household Care Packaging Market in Austria to 2017
- The Future of the Health and Beauty Packaging Market in Austria to 2017