Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Turkey Freight Transport Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/30/2015 -- Following a year in which BMI saw freight volumes steadily increasing in Turkey, 2015 will signal further growth across the whole of the freight transport sector in line with our macroeconomic forecasts for the country.
Total trade is projected to pick up with our Country Risk desk forecasting a y-o-y increase of 5.0% in 2015 following an estimated growth of 3.25% in 2014.
Road freight will continue to dominate the sector, projected to grow by 5% in 2015. The mode has made a prompt recovery from the downturn and enjoys the benefits of not having to make any reductions in road haulage volumes, such as those pledged by the neighbouring EU.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Growth in rail freight volumes will continue to be helped by the Marmaray rail tunnel under the Bosphorus Strait, which was opened in 2013.
The throughput at the Port of Ambarli, one of Turkey's largest ports, is set to continue strong growth in terms of tonnage. Over the medium term we project further increase in freight volumes at the port and the recovery to their pre-downturn levels.
Headline Industry Data
- 2015 Air freight is expected to grow by 5.6%
- 2015 Rail freight is forecast to grow by 2.3%
- 2015 Port of Ambarli general and liquid bulk cargo throughput is forecast to grow by 8.5%
- 2015 Road freight is forecast to grow by 4.6%
- 2015 Total real trade growth is forecast at 5%.
Key Industry Trends
APM Terminals Planning New Turkey Investment- Netherlands-based terminal-network company APM Terminals, a subsidiary of AP Moller-Maersk, intends to start a new terminal in Turkey's Marmara region. Reasons for selecting the location include Turkey's 'sizeable' economic growth in contrast with the growth in the rest of Europe and its 'low container penetration ratio'.
DHL to Invest EUR100mn in Turkey by 2020- Deutsche Post DHL plans to invest EUR100mn in Turkey, with the company's investments in the country expected to increase by three times compared to previous years as part of its strategy of growth in emerging markets.
The Turkey Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Turkey Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Turkish freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Turkey to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Turkish freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Turkey.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight transport sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast including:
- Transport Sector: Total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes).
- Trade: Exports and imports (USDmn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top 5 import and export trade partners (USDmn); imports/exports to each global region (USDmn).
- Port Data: Throughput (?000 tonnes) for all major ports in the state.
- Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for gasoline and aviation fuel (USD/bbl) at all major global energy trading hubs.
- Economic Indicators: Nominal GDP (USDbn); real GDP growth (%); GDP per capita (USD); industrial production (%); unemployment (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q1 2015