Fast Market Research recommends "Venezuela Power Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/02/2014 -- This quarter our fundamentals for the sector remain virtually unchanged. Although the country had made some progress with regard to improving existing capacity and bringing new projects online over the past year, the country continues to suffer from blackouts, stemming from inadequate hydropower output (primarily as a result of drought) and inefficiencies within the power network . As such the country is in dire need to further increase its energy supply and stabilis e the power grid. However, Venezuela's highly unattractive business environment , with high levels of corruption, an opaque tendering process and extremely low levels of liberalisation within the power market , and the uncertainty of the political environment limit the ability of the country to att ract the much needed investment . Furthermore, electricity output from successfully commissioned plants is at the mercy of Venezuela's ag e ing and inefficient T&D infrastructure - with power outages still a pressing concern for the majority of the population .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the past year, Venezuela's power market has swelled in terms of capacity. For instance, according to a report from Bnamericas, 1.07 gigawatts (GW) have been brought online since energy minister Jesse Chac?n announced a new energy short-term plan at the beginning of May 2013, after President Nicol?s Maduro declared a state of emergency for the power sector in April 2013.
This notwithstanding, our grim outlook for the Venezuelan power sector remains in place. In order to meet demand, which averages between 17GW and 18GW, Venezuela has an installed capacity of approximately 28GW; however, only 20GW are currently operational. The country's business environment continues to present sizeable risks to investment (both industry and country specific). Under Chavez, private enterprise was asphyxiated and rigidly controlled tariff rates led to a lack of capital for investment in sufficient capacity. As...
The Venezuela Power Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering electricity generation (coal, gas, oil, nuclear, hydro and non-hydro renewables), electricity consumption, trade, transmission and distribution losses and electricity generating capacity.
The Venezuela Power Report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing national and multinational operators by sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts for Venezuela to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic planning in the power market.
- Target business opportunities and risks Venezuela's power sector through our reviews of latest power industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Venezuela
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Competitive Landscape analysis.
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering power markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis:
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the power sector, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
The Regional Overview provides a comparative context from within which one can assess the relative profitability of the power industry in a given country, incorporating BMI's country risk macro forecasts into our regional analysis. They also detail any relevant issues or events that might cause market fluctuations, as well as evaluate the impact of existing power infrastructure and fresh investments on the regional market.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
The Industry Forecasts provide historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for electricity generation (TWh) and electricity generating capacity (MW) for each individual power segment present in the country. These forecasts are in turn supported by explicit assumptions, in conjunction with analysis of the key risks to the main forecast. These in turn are broken down into:
Electricity Generation forecasts for Thermal, Coal, Gas, Oil, Nuclear, Hydro and Non-Hydro Renewables. For this section, we provide information on electricity generation (TWh), % growth year-on-year, KWh per capita, and the % of total electricity generation. The thermal fuels (coal, gas and oil) also have figures for their % of total thermal electricity generation.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Power Report Q4 2014
- Power Quarterly Deals Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - Q4 2013
- Power Monthly Deal Analysis - February 2014: M&A and Investment Trends
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures Limited (JPPOWER) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Nuclear Power in Japan, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Nuclear Power in the UK, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Nuclear Power in France, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Thermal Power in Iran, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Thermal Power in Japan, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile