Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Zambia Mining Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/03/2014 -- While Zambia's mining sector is set to continue on a positive trajectory over our forecast period to 2018, risks are mounting. The major copper producers have threatened to shelve expansion projects and delay capital expenditure due to a deteriorating regulatory environment in the country. Copper will remain the mainstay of Zambia's mining sector while growing coal production will contribute to growth over the coming years.
Recent regulatory developments in Zambia have threatened to deter investment as the government has shown itself capable and willing to take a hard-line approach towards decisions made by foreign companies operating in the country. In Q413 Vedanta Resources announced its intention to replace more than 1,500 Zambian workers with machines at its copper unit, Konkola Copper Mines. Zambian President Michael Sata took a hard-line approach, threatening to revoke Konkola's licence to mine in the country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Lower copper prices also present a downside risk. Largely predicated on our view for a structural slowdown in China, we forecast copper prices to average USD6,800/tonne in 2014, significantly below their 2012 average of USD7,955/tonne. This will squeeze miners' profit margins and reduce government revenue from its mining sector.
The Zambia Mining Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s mining and commodity forecasts for metals, minerals and gems, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, exports and values. The report also analyses trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Zambia Mining Report provides industry strategists, service companies, company analysts and consultants, government departments, trade associations and regulatory bodies with BMI's independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the mining industry in Zambia.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts on Zambia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and planning in this mining market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Zambia's mining sector through our reviews of latest mining industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Zambia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity), Key Projects Tables and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering mining reserves, supply, demand and prices, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Mining Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (mining companies and support service providers) in the regional mining market. The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry rankings products.
Details and analysis of all current and planned developments (new ventures, capacity expansion and other investments) across the sector broken down by metal/ore.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast. Indicators include:
- Mining Industry: Industry size (US$mn), real growth (%), % of GDP, employment ('000), workforce as % of total workforce, average wage (US$).
- Output:Production volumes ('000 tonnes, carats etc.) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state, including bauxite, copper, gold, coal, lead, silver, tin, titanium, uranium, zinc etc.
- Exports: Value of exports (US$mn) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state .
- Commodity Markets: Global demand, supply, stocks and benchmark prices (US$) for aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, tin, zinc, gold and steel.
BMI Macroeconomic Forecasts
BMI forecasts to end-2018 for all headline macroeconomic indicators, including real GDP growth (%), inflation (%), fiscal balance (% of GDP), trade balance (US$bn), current account (US$bn) and external debt (US$bn).
Competitive Landscape Tables & Analysis
Comparative company analyses and tables detailing by US$ sales, % share of total sales, number of employees, year established, market cap/NAV, ownership structure, production and % market share.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Mining Report Q4 2014
- Namibia Mining Report Q4 2014
- Chile Mining Report Q4 2014
- Botswana Mining Report Q4 2014
- India Mining Report Q4 2014
- Angola Mining Report Q4 2014
- Mozambique Mining Report Q4 2014
- China Mining Report Q4 2014
- Kazakhstan Mining Report Q4 2014
- Poland Mining Report Q4 2014