Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Italy", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2014 -- NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013 suffered from increasing competition from alternative solutions such as e-cigarettes. Italian smokers are being increasingly drawn to e-cigarettes, which are still a relatively recent innovation in the country. There are different opinions in Italy on the potential effects of smoking of e-cigarettes but increasing numbers of consumers have been purchasing them as an alternative to tobacco. Currently, industry sources suggest that around two million Italians have tried e-cigarettes, with 500,000 using them regularly.
NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013 continued to be dominated by Carlo Erba?s Nicorette brand, which accounted for a 65% share of value sales. Nicorette is available in different formats, including gum, inhalators and patches. Ranked second was GlaxoSmithKline with a 25% share through its Niquitin brand. Niquitin is present in the profitable NRT lozenges category, together with Nicotinell from Novartis.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period it is expected that more and more consumers will look for alternatives to smoking, such as e-cigarettes and prescription medicines. The latter, in particular, are expected to become a profitable area and increasingly compete with OTC NRT smoking cessation aids as their reputation for being an effective long-term solution will grow. E-cigarettes, on the other hand, will be affected by an increase in unit price that will be a consequence of a new tax on these products from January 2014. This may hinder their growth and discourage new consumers from trying them.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: NRT Gum, NRT Inhalators, NRT Lozenges, NRT Patches, Other NRT.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Japan
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Czech Republic
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Belgium