Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- NRT smoking cessation aids stagnated in current value sales terms in 2013. Many consumers who wanted to quit smoking did not believe that these products could help them. In many cases, smokers tried out NRT products for some days before abandoning them. However, stressful lifestyles forced many consumers to start smoking again. The high price of NRTs was another obstacle to use. Consumers preferred to look for alternative methods to quit smoking, such as exercise or eating confectionery.
Only two brands of NRT smoking cessation aids were available in 2013. Nicorette by Pfizer Luxembourg, which dominates with an 88% share of retail value sales. Smokers often try Nicorette's well-known gums, thanks to strong marketing and promotion by the manufacturer. GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia's Niquitin brand, available as NRT lozenges, accounts for the remaining shares.
The forecast period is unlikely to bring significant changes to NRT smoking cessation aids. Value sales (at constant 2013 prices) are set to decline as NRTs face a strong competition from e-cigarettes, which also claim to help people quit smoking. Moreover, holding the e-cigarette in the hand is making it an increasingly popular choice among consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Slovakia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Slovakia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia?
- What are the major brands in Slovakia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: NRT Gum, NRT Inhalators, NRT Lozenges, NRT Patches, Other NRT.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Czech Republic
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Belgium
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in France
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom