New Healthcare research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2014 -- The Swiss Federal Assembly enacted a law for protection against second-hand smoke in 2008, which came into force on 1 May 2010. It prohibits smoking in enclosed, publicly-accessible areas and in rooms that are workplaces for several persons. There are exceptions for bars and restaurants, which may allow smoking in separate, ventilated rooms or in establishments smaller than 80 sq m, but the federal statute allows for more stringent cantonal smoking bans. This law has had a strong effect of the smoking practices of Swiss smokers. Many people have tried to give up smoking since its introduction, for example. However, voters in Switzerland rejected a total ban on smoking in enclosed public places at a national referendum in 2012. There was little change in the smoking population between 2012 and 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
NRT smoking cessation aids is highly concentrated in Switzerland with few brands being present. Nicorette (Janssen-Cilag AG) dominates with a 78% value share, followed by Nicotinell from Novartis Consumer Health AG. Janssen-Cilag therefore leads current value sales of NRT smoking cessation aids, a position it has maintained throughout the review period. Its produces and markets the Nicorette brand of NRT gum, inhalators, patches and micro-tabs. In 2013, Janssen-Cilag launched a nicotine mouth spray in Switzerland under the Nicorette brand name. The company claims that the nicotine is absorbed faster than is the case with an NRT gum product.
NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see value sales increase at a CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Anti-smoking campaigns are likely to continue in Switzerland, with the aim of encouraging more people to stop smoking and preventing people from starting smoking in the first place. However, a stricter ban on smoking in enclosed public places is unlikely to be discussed further.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Japan
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Czech Republic
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Belgium