New Food market report from Euromonitor International: "Oils and Fats in the Netherlands"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/03/2015 -- Noodles is expected to see healthy growth as a result of an increase in interest in Asian foods. Noodles will be a growing category in 2014 as Asian food is popular. This type of cuisine is viewed as exotic, relatively healthy and full of flavour. In 2014 the noodles category is expected to see further healthy growth of both volume and value sales. The category is helped by a change in the type of Asian restaurants which are present in the Netherlands. The dominant type of Asian restaurant used to be Chinese/Indonesian restaurants which serve Chinese and Indonesian dishes which are adapted to suit the traditional Dutch palate. However, over the past decade a new type of Asian restaurant scene has developed, which means that many Dutch consumers have now tried Thai, Vietnamese or Japanese noodles dishes in restaurants which serve more authentic Asian dishes. This change in foodservice has also helped to make the Dutch more sophisticated when it comes to noodle consumption.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever Nederland is likely to remain the leading player in noodles in 2014 as its retail value share will remain at 43%. Conimex is the leading brand in Asian food in the Netherlands and the brand is also a household name with regards to noodles. The Conimex brand is perceived as the authority on authentic Asian food products by Dutch consumers and this positive image has helped the company to maintain its share. The only issue with regards to the Conimex brand image seems to be that the brand is particularly known as an Indonesian brand and this means that the company has to stretch the brand as consumers are looking beyond familiar Indonesian noodle dishes and are also becoming interested in Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese noodle recipes.
The outlook for noodles is positive as after a slight dip in sales a few years back, the category has made a strong comeback and noodle consumption is rising. Consumers are discovering noodles as a versatile alternative to potatoes, rice and other staple foods. Consumers are also becoming more aware of the different noodle dishes apart from the well-known Indonesian and Chinese ones. This trend is set to continue over the forecast period as the cooking from scratch trend and the health trend continues. Noodles will be popular as it allows consumers who like to cook from scratch to prepare a quick meal and noodle dishes are also perceived as tasty but healthy and fresh and this will help the development of the category as well.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Noodles industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Noodles industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Noodles in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Noodles in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- Are consumers in emerging markets moving from unpackaged to packaged noodles?
- As consumers increasingly demand convenience, how will this impact sales for instant noodles?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Fats and Oils Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- The Future of the Oils and Fats Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oils and Fats Market in Hong kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oils and Fats Market in Colombia to 2018
- The Future of the Oils and Fats Market in Greece to 2018