New Energy market report from GlobalData: "ONGC Videsh and Oil India to Acquire Videocon Mozambique from Videocon Hydrocarbon for US$2.47 Billion to Expand their International Oil and Gas Asset Portfolio - Deal Analysis from GlobalData"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/25/2013 -- ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) and Oil India Limited (OIL) have signed a definitive agreement to acquire Videocon Mozambique Rovuma 1 Limited (Videocon Mozambique) from Videocon Hydrocarbon Holdings Limited (Videocon Hydrocarbon) for a purchase consideration of US$2.47 billion. Videocon Mozambique possesses a 10% participating interest in the Offshore Area 1 block in the Rovuma basin, Mozambique.
The acquisition is expected to be implemented via a newly incorporated entity, in which OVL and OIL will hold 60% and 40% stakes respectively. Merrill Lynch & Company, Incorporated is acting as financial advisor and Robertson (UK) Limited is acting as technical advisor to OVL. Morgan Stanley is acting as financial advisor and Halliburton is acting as technical consultants to OIL. Ernst & Young is acting as tax and accounting advisor and Simmons & Simmons LLP is acting as legal advisor to OVL and OIL in the transaction. Standard Chartered PLC and UBS AG are acting as financial advisors to Videocon Hydrocarbon in the transaction.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4 2013, subject to the approvals of the governments of Mozambique and India, relevant regulatory approvals, pre-emption rights and other customary conditions.
- The report analyzes the rationale behind the planned acquisition of 10% stake in the Offshore Area 1 block, Rovuma basin by OVL and OIL.
- The report highlights the locational advantage for the Mozambique LNG project to supply LNG to Asian buyers.
- Geography Covered - Mozambique
Reasons to Get This Report
- To understand the significance of the planned acquisition of 10% stake in Offshore Area 1 block by OVL and OIL for the long-term strategic objectives of the acquiring companies.
- To be informed that the planned acquisition by the two Indian companies is aimed to enhance India's energy security.
- To be aware of the locatonal advantage for the Mozambique LNG project to supply LNG to Asian buyers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- ONGC Videsh Rumored to be Considering Acquisition of Interests in Four Blocks in Nigeria from Sterling Exploration and Energy: The Deal will Help ONGC Videsh to Increase its International Oil and Gas Asset Portfolio - Deal Analysis from Glo
- ONGC Videsh Limited - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- OJSC TNK-BP Holding Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
- Oil and Gas Annual Deals Analysis: M&A and Investments Trends - 2012
- Oil & Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - March 2013: M&A and Investment Trends
- Videocon Industries Ltd. (VIDEOIND) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Oil & Gas Monthly Deals Analysis - September 2012 - M&A and Investment Trends
- Cairn Energy PLC Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report