DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/19/2019 -- Open-angle glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Approximately 45 million people were affected by Open-angle glaucoma worldwide, and by 2020 this number is expected to increase to 58.5 million.
2. The overall Open-angle glaucoma prevalence in older individuals is 1.86%, owing to the rapidly ageing population.
3. In Europe, an estimated Open-angle glaucoma prevalence to be around 1–3% in persons, 40 years and older.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Open-angle glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Open-angle glaucoma market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Open-angle glaucoma epidemiology and Open-angle glaucoma market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Open-angle glaucoma market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Open-angle glaucoma market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Open-angle glaucoma market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading the Open-angle glaucoma market.
Request for sample pages
"Women are expected to comprise more than 55% of those with Open-angle glaucoma because of their increased life span as compared to men."
The most common form of glaucoma is Open-angle glaucoma and an important cause of blindness. High intraocular pressure (IOP) is an important risk factor for Open-angle glaucoma.
Open-angle glaucoma Treatment aims to lower the IOP and thus reduce the risk of progressive loss of vision. IOP can be lowered by medications (eye drops), laser therapy, or surgery. It is recommended that decreasing the intraocular pressure towards a specific level, a range of values at which the clinician contemplates that the rate of disease progression will be decreased adequately to avoid any functional impairment from the disease.
Open-angle glaucoma Treatment should be started if signs of damage due to result of open-angle glaucoma are evident, such as disc haemorrhage, nerve fibre layer defects, asymmetric cupping, vertical ovalization or notching of the cup or if symptoms of elevated IOP are present (e.g., halos, blurred vision, pain, IOP consistently above 28 mmHg to 30 mmHg) due to the high risk of optic nerve damage in the placing the elevated IOP.
Despite all these available Open-angle glaucoma treatments, unfortunately, no competent evidence exists that these agents can prevent disease progression in patients, which is the major impediment in Open-angle glaucoma market growth. In part, neuroprotection has not succeeded because of an incomplete understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms associated with optic nerve damage. The detailed understanding of pathophysiology may change and drive the Open-angle glaucoma treatment market in the future. In order to overcome the current unmet needs, frequent research has been directed toward understanding the disease at the cellular, hormonal, and molecular levels. Moreover, acquisitions and collaborations between key players, research and development, along with the emerging pipeline drugs, are expected to create a lucrative environment, as well as the launches of upcoming therapies will also give a rise to the overall growth of the Open-angle glaucoma market during the forecast period of 2019–2028.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Open-angle glaucoma treatment scenario in the upcoming years: -
And many others
The key players in Open-angle glaucoma market are:
1. Ocular Therapeutix
2. Santen Pharmaceutical
3. Laboratorios Sophia
4. Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical
5. Nicox Ophthalmics
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Open-Angle Glaucoma Market Overview at a Glance
3. Open-Angle Glaucoma Disease Background and Overview
4. Open-Angle Glaucoma Epidemiology and Patient Population
4.1. Open-Angle Glaucoma Country-Wise Epidemiology
4.1.1. United States
4.1.7. United Kingdom
5. Open-Angle Glaucoma Treatments & Medical Practices
6. Unmet needs
7. Open-Angle Glaucoma Marketed Therapies
7.1. Rhopressa: Aerie Pharmaceuticals
7.2. Vyzulta: Bausch & Lomb
8. Open-Angle Glaucoma Emerging Therapies
9. Key Cross Competition
9.1. OTX-TP: Ocular Therapeutix
9.2. PRO-122: Laboratorios Sophia
9.3. Sepetaprost: Santen Pharmaceutical
10. Open-Angle Glaucoma Market Size
11. 7MM Open-Angle Glaucoma: Country-Wise Market Analysis
12. United States Market Size
13. Germany Market Size
14. France Market Size
15. United Kingdom Market Size
16. Spain Market Size
17. Italy Market Size
18. Japan Market Size
19. Report Methodology
20. DelveInsight Capabilities
22. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance