Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/14/2018 -- Ophthalmic drugs are preparations used for the treatment of eye diseases and disorders such as cataract, glaucoma, color blindness, diabetic macular edema, CMV retinitis, and age-related macular degeneration. The ophthalmic drugs market is witnessing significant growth, due to increase in prevalence of eye disorders and rise in use of combination therapies for treatment of ophthalmic disorders, especially glaucoma. Combination therapies have various advantages over traditional medication such improvement in patient compliance and efficacy. Moreover, surge in prevalence of ophthalmic disorders, rise in geriatric population globally, and change in demographics fuel the ophthalmic drugs market growth. The global ophthalmic drugs market was valued at $29,613 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $42,663 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 5.3% from 2017 to 2023.
For More Info, Get Sample : http://bit.ly/2mxRpsN
The ophthalmic drugs market is segmented based on indication, type, distribution channel, dosage form, technology, therapeutic class, and geography. Depending on indication, the market is divided into dry eye, glaucoma, infection/inflammation/allergy, retinal disorders, and others. On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs. By distribution channel, it is categorized into hospital pharmacies, online pharmacies, drug stores, and others. According to dosage form, it is classified into liquid ophthalmic drug forms, semisolid ophthalmic drug forms, solid ophthalmic drug forms, multicompartment drug delivery systems, and other ophthalmic drug forms. As per technology, the market is segmented into biologics, cell therapy, gene therapy, drug delivery, small molecule, and others. Based on therapeutic class, it is classified into anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-infective drugs, anti-glaucoma drugs, and anti-allergy drugs. Based on geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
As per ophthalmic drugs market analysis, in the recent years, Asia-Pacific reported significant growth in the ophthalmic drugs market, owing to steady increase in the prevalence of glaucoma in the Asian population. In addition, increase in the number of people suffering from primary angle-closure glaucoma in Japan, China, and South Korea supplement this growth further.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global ophthalmic drugs market with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive quantitative analysis of the industry is provided from 2016 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the key segments of the industry helps in understanding the trends in types and technologies globally.
Enquire About Report : http://bit.ly/2j0HzLi
Key players and their strategies are provided to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Dry Eye
- Retinal Disorders
- Wet Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Dry Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Prescription Drugs
- Over-the-Counter Drugs
Also Request For Discount : http://bit.ly/2my1Wo0
By Dosage Form
- Liquid Ophthalmic Drug Forms
- Solid Ophthalmic Drug Forms
- Semisolid Ophthalmic Drug Forms
- Multicompartment Drug Delivery Systems
- Other Ophthalmic Drug Forms
- Cell Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- Drug Delivery
- Small Molecule
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
By Therapeutic Class
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Bausch & Lomb Inc. (Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.)
- Shire Plc
- Alcon (Novartis)
- Genentech, Inc.
- Allergan, Plc
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Actavis Generics (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.)
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
The other players in the value chain include (profiles not included in the report)
- Abbott Medical Optics, Inc.
- Carl-Zeiss AG
- Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd.
- Essilor International S.A.
- Hoya Corporation
- Insight Vision Inc.
- Nidek Co. Ltd.
- Novagali Pharma S A
- Topcon Corporation
- Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG
Table Of Content
- CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY INDICATION
- CHAPTER 5 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY TYPE
- CHAPTER 6 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
- CHAPTER 7 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY DOSAGE FORM
- CHAPTER 8 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY THERAPEUTIC CLASS
- CHAPTER 9 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- CHAPTER 10 OPHTHALMIC DRUGS MARKET, BY REGION
- CHAPTER 11 COMPANY PROFILES
About Research Beam
We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. Research Beam will always make sure to bring most ethical and high quality reports. We value your relationship with us and look forward for a long term relation.
Global Head Quarters
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive,
#205, Portland, OR 97220
+1 (800) 910-6452