Researchmoz add New Market Research Report "Ophthalmology Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Dosing Convenience and Cost-effectiveness Continue to Drive Eyleas Prescription Share in Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD)" to its report store.
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/22/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Ophthalmology Therapeutics Market to 2018 Dosing Convenience and Cost-effectiveness Continue to Drive Eyleas Prescription Share in Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD)", which provides insights into the global ophthalmology therapeutics market, with forecasts until 2018. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the key therapeutic indications of ophthalmology, namely glaucoma, allergic conjunctivitis, Dry Eye Syndrome (DES), Diabetic Macular Edema (DME), and Wet Age Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD). The report also examines the ophthalmology therapeutics treatment usage patterns for the covered indications. In addition, the report includes insights into the ophthalmology R&D pipeline.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
In 2011, the global ophthalmology therapeutics market was estimated to be around $10 billion, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2% between 2004 and 2011. The glaucoma market was the largest segment followed by Wet-AMD. These segments accounted for 36% and 32% of the global ophthalmology therapeutics market in 2011, respectively. The decline in glaucoma revenue due to significant generic erosion will change the therapeutic landscape until 2018, when glaucoma is expected to account for 23%, a decline of 13% relative to 2011, and the wet-AMD market is expected to account for 37% of the global ophthalmology market, an increase of 5% relative to 2011. The decline in the glaucoma market is expected to be offset by a healthy growth in the wet-AMD, DME, and DES markets. These markets are expected to grow due to the presence of considerable unmet need and increasing treatment-seeking and diagnosis rates.
Browse : http://www.researchmoz.us/ophthalmology-therapeutics-market-to-2018-dosing-convenience-and-cost-effectiveness-continue-to-drive-eyleas-prescription-share-in-wet-age-related-macular-degeneration-wet-amd-report.html
The top pharmaceutical companies in the ophthalmology market are Pfizer Inc., Allergan Inc., Alcon Inc, Novartis AG., Merck & co. Inc and Roche. Approximately 70% of the market is covered by these six companies.
- The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis, competitive landscape and key M&A trends in the glaucoma, allergic conjunctivitis, DES, DME, and wet-AMD therapeutics market.
- Data and analysis for the global ophthalmology therapeutics market
- Annualized market data for the ophthalmology therapeutics market from 2004 to 2011, with forecasts to 2018
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market
- The competitive landscape of the global ophthalmology therapeutics market
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that took place in the ophthalmology therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential
- Develop market entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential regions and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth
- Devise a more effectively tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers in the ophthalmology market
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and leading companies
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships
Browse full Report With TOC : http://www.researchmoz.us/ophthalmology-therapeutics-market-to-2018-dosing-convenience-and-cost-effectiveness-continue-to-drive-eyleas-prescription-share-in-wet-age-related-macular-degeneration-wet-amd-report.html