Market Research Store has published a new research report, titled "Opioids Market Overview to 2023 - Opioids in Western Europe" to its report store.
Deerfield Beach, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/22/2015 -- The report provides an estimation of 2013 opioid revenues and forecast consumption and revenues until 2023 in the five major Western European countries: the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. The estimated revenues for 2013 are highest in the UK, which held a share of 52%, followed by Germany with 20%. Spain had the lowest in terms of both consumption (3.3%) and revenues (2.2%).
Browse the full Report of Opioids Market: http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/opioids-market-overview-to-2023-opioids-in-10367#requestSample
Their use for medicinal purposes has been highly controversial for several decades. Although recognized as potent painkillers, potential for misuse is high. As a result, all regulatory authorities strive to maintain a fine balance between enforcing strict regulations that will crack down on illicit usage but at the same time ensure accessibility for genuine medical purposes. Amidst concerns regarding inadequate pain management due to low accessibility, there are also concerns regarding a lack of significant clinical evidence of their role in managing chronic pain. However, new abuse-deterrent technologies provide an incentive to prescribe more opioids in pain management by alleviating concerns over misuse potential. The approval of such new drugs and formulations has proved a new impetus to growth in opioid usage in the five major Western European countries.
Opioids are largely used for two medicinal purposes: pain management and substitution treatment for drug dependence. Several of the recently approved and pipeline opioid analgesics have a strong focus on reducing misuse potential, which is one of the most significant barriers to usage in pain management. However, usage is on the rise following the introduction of new abuse-deterrent formulations of fentanyl and oxycodone, and initiatives that aim to rationalize usage in pain management. Demand is also high in substitution treatment. While both methadone and buprenorphine are approved for substitute treatment, buprenorphine usage increased in Europe after the approval of Suboxone in 2006, in combination with naloxone, a pure opioid antagonist that acts as an abuse-deterrent.
Get more information about Opioids Market: http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/opioids-market-overview-to-2023-opioids-in-10367
The report covers the five major Western European countries (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and includes –
- An overview of opioids in pain management and substitution treatment, and usage constraints for both
- Brief analysis of recent approvals of key abuse-deterrent drugs and their impact on consumption and market growth
- Country snapshots, comprising key regulations, consumption, market revenues, market forecasts and key drivers and barriers
- An overview of new abuse-deterrent technologies and profiles of key pipeline products
Key Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a perspective of the opioids market size and key drivers and challenges that dictate the market trends in each of the five major countries in Western Europe
- Gauge the impact of key recently approved abuse-deterrent technologies on opioid usage
- Develop an understanding of how the regulatory landscape affects market potential and growth in each country
- Identify the key molecules that are currently the leading players in each region and those that hold the highest potential in the forecast period
- Scan the pipeline for innovative products with abuse-deterrent technologies that could have an impact on opioid usage in the pain management market.
Browse through more information OR go to ToC: http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/opioids-market-overview-to-2023-opioids-in-10367
About Market Research Store
Market Research Store is a single destination for all the industry, company and country reports. We feature large repository of latest industry reports, leading and niche company profiles, and market statistics released by reputed private publishers and public organizations. Market Research Store is the comprehensive collection of market intelligence products and services available on air. We have market research reports from number of leading publishers and update our collection daily to provide our clients with the instant online access to our database. With access to this database, our clients will be able to benefit from expert insights on global industries, products, and market trends.
3422 SW 15 Street,
USA Tel: +1-386-310-3803 GMT
Tel: +49-322 210 92714
USA/Canada Toll Free No.1-855-465-4651