Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Opioids Overview to 2021 - An Assessment of Pain Management and Dependence” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/30/2015 -- Opioids Overview to 2021 - An Assessment of Pain Management and Dependence report discusses the use of opioids as potent analgesics for the treatment of cancer and non-cancer pain and examines the management of opioid dependence in the US, the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Australia, Japan, India and China.
Analysis pertaining to the prescribed opioid users, treatment patterns, and market revenues confirms that the use of weak opioids has fallen dramatically in most markets, while the use of strong opioids has increased. The total market size in the countries covered in this report was $15.7 billion in 2014, of which the US accounted for the highest share, followed by Japan and Germany. The global prevalence of chronic pain was 20-30% in the same year, although most of the prevalence population received inadequate treatment due to the high potential for opioid abuse or misuse.
The report also discusses each country's regulatory restrictions, as well as the treatments available for opioid dependence such as withdrawal management, maintenance, and psychosocial support. In addition, it examines dependence treatment settings, trends, and patient referral pathways. Patient access and cost of treatment remain the key barriers to effectively managing opioid dependence in most countries.
Dosage and treatment regimes for major opioids used in pain management -
- Which opioids are used for opioid-naïve patients and for patients that experience continuous pain but respond well to opioids?
- Which opioids are considered for first-line and second-line treatment?
Management of opioid dependence according to WHO treatment guidelines -
- What are the recommended medications for opioid maintenance, withdrawal, and overdose?
- What are the treatment regimes followed when using various pharmacotherapy drugs?
- What role does psychosocial treatment play?
In-depth country analysis of opioids for pain management, covering pain prevalence, level of opioid use, commonly used opioids, trends, barriers, and rationalization initiatives -
- What is the overall pain prevalence in each country and is it treated adequately?
- To what extent are opioids used to treat pain?
- What are the major opioids used and the key associated trends?
- Why are patients/prescribers often reluctant to use opioids for pain?
- What initiatives have been taken or recommended to facilitate appropriate use of opioids?
Regulatory landscape and guidelines for opioid prescription -
- Which regulatory laws and bodies oversee import, exports, schedules, and controls on opioids in each country?
- Which narcotic guidelines discuss the prescribing authorities and licenses required to possess or prescribe controlled drugs?
In-depth country analysis of treatment for opioid dependence in all countries, covering dependence, substance abuse trends, treatment usage patterns, and patient referral pathways -
- How many drug users receive treatment for opioid dependence?
- What are the medication usage trends in dependence treatment?
- What are the referral pathways for dependent patients?
Use of novel formulations to prevent abuse and address unmet need in pain management -
- How do agonist-antagonist, abuse-resistant, and overdose-reversal formulations aid abuse prevention?
Challenges addressing the unmet need in opioid dependence treatment -
- Which areas need to be improved to address the unmet need in opioid dependence treatment?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Identify users of prescribed opioids and associated revenues through 2021, as well as key pain management trends and the most frequently used opioids in the analyzed countries.
- Determine the drivers and restraints for opioid use in each country, examine patient/prescriber reasons for reluctance to use opioids for pain relief, and the initiatives being taken or recommended to facilitate appropriate use.
- Gain an understanding of the narcotic guidelines and regulations specific to each country, and determine the prescribing authorities and licenses required to posses/prescribe controlled drugs, the maximum length of time for which an opioid can be prescribed, and recent amendments.
- Analyze substance abuse and dependence trends, prescribing authorities, treatment usage patterns, and government funding for opioid dependence by examining the percentage of people receiving treatment for opioid misuse, the percentage of dependents receiving treatment, and usage trends associated with medications.
Spanning over 110 pages "Opioids Overview to 2021 - An Assessment of Pain Management and Dependence" report covers Executive Summary, Opioids Overview, Management of Opioid Dependence, Regulatory Landscape, Dependence Overview, Bibliography.
For further information on this report, please visit-
1st - Life Cycle Management Strategies - Optimizing revenues and defending generic competition – See more at -
2nd - BIOSIMILARS - Regulatory Framework and Pipeline Analysis - See more at -
3rd - Contract Research Organization Market - Global Deals and Operational Strategies - See morea at -
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Yearly/Quarterly Report Subscription: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscriptions