Recently published research from GlobalData, "OpportunityAnalyzer: Diabetic Foot Ulcers - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/25/2013 -- Diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) are a common complication of diabetes, and with the increasing prevalence of diabetes across all markets, the number of patients suffering from DFUs is also expected to rise. Despite the availability of various treatment modalities, there are currently few advanced wound care products available to treat hard-to-heal chronic wounds. In addition, for the past 15 years, Regranex (becaplermin) has been the only pharmacologic wound-healing agent available; however, it is rarely used due a perceived lack of efficacy.
The DFU market is now set to enter an exciting phase with the potential launch of three wound-healing agents in the next five years; Olympus Biotech's trafermin (recombinant human basic fibroblast growth factor), Macrocure's CureXcell (activated leukocyte suspension), and Derma Sciences' DSC127 (NorLeu3-A[1-7]). The first two topical antibacterials, Innocoll's Cogenzia (gentamicin-collagen sponge) and Dipexium Pharmaceuticals' Locilex (pexiganan acetate cream 1%), are also expected to launch in the US and the five major EU markets (5EU). Both pipeline agents offer an alternative way to treat infection by localizing an antibiotic directly at the wound site.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the advent of these new product launches, the size of the DFU market is expected to grow substantially during the five-year forecast period.
- Overview of DFUs, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines
- Annualized DFU therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012, and forecast to 2017Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global DFU therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DFU therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global DFU therapeutics market in future.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Late-Stage Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Opioid-Induced Constipation - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- EpiCast Report: Diabetic Foot Ulcers - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- Packaged Food in Thailand