Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/05/2014 -- GlobalData estimates the 2013 sales for gout at approximately $989m across the 6MM covered in this report. The acute gout segment of the market will double in size over the forecast period, reaching $337m in 2018 at a CAGR of 15%. The chronic gout market, which encompasses urate-lowering and prophylactic anti-inflammatory therapies, will experience even faster growth at a CAGR of 18.8%, and it will more than double in size, reaching over 1.9 billion in 2018. With the current standard of care for gout already encompassing very successful and cheap treatments, the bar for success in the gout market is quite high. As a result, companies are shifting the focus of their research toward more severe gout cases, trying to address the greatest unmet needs. One of the major drivers of the gout market is the growing number of patients suffering from difficult-to-treat gout, for whom the standard therapies are inappropriate due to the presence of comorbidities, unresponsiveness, or intolerance. Targeting this patient niche is the strongest trend in the research and development (R&D) strategies of the gout players.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Questions Answered
- Although the standard treatments are cheap and effective in most gout patients, there are a growing number of patients for whom the standard therapies are inappropriate. Gout market is still marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the gout market?
- The late-stage gout pipeline is sparsely populated; however these drugs in development will be a strong driver of the gout market growth. Which of these drugs will attain high sales revenues during 2013-2018? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- The more aggressive approach to urate-lowering treatment will increase the patient pool treated with urate-lowering agents and prophylactic anti-inflammatory therapies. How will these changes impact the growth of the future market?
- One of the main drivers of the enormous expansion of the gout market will be the introduction of the novel urate-lowering agents, lesinurad and ulodesine, which will be used as add-on therapies to the current standard of care and target the treatment-failure gout population.
- Another strong driver will be the more aggressive approach to urate-lowering treatment, as recommended by the latest treatment guidelines, which will increase the patient pool treated with urate-lowering agents and prophylactic anti-inflammatory therapy.
- Companies are shifting the focus of their research toward more severe gout cases, trying to address the greatest unmet needs.
- Reasons for inadequate gout treatment include a poor patient understanding of their disease and physician failure to develop targeted treatment plans.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- OpportunityAnalyzer: Autism Spectrum Disorder - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Business Process as A Service (BPaaS) Market & Cloud BPM Market By Process Outsourcing (Sales, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations) - Global Advancements, Opportunity Roadmaps, Market Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Middle East Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Market - Advancements, Business Models, Technology Roadmap & Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Parking Management Market (Access Control, Security and Surveillance, Revenue Management, Reservation Management, Valet Management, Enforcement and Permit Management, Guidance and Slot Management) Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Complex Event Processing (CEP) Market [Algorithmic Trading, Fraud Detection, Sentiment Analysis, Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Logistics, Revenue Assurance, Emergency Response Services] Worldwide Market Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Fleet Management Market (Fleet Analytics, Vehicle Tracking & Fleet Monitoring, Telematics, Vendor Services) By Vehicles (Trucks, Light Goods, Buses, Corporate Fleets, Container Ships, Aircrafts) Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Hybrid Cloud Market by Delivery Models (Saas, Paas, Iaas), by Cloud Management (Cloud Bursting, Cloud Orchestration), by Cloud Security (Network Security, Data Security, Physical Security - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- 3D Scanning Market - By Devices (Optical, Laser, Structured Light), Range (Short , Medium, Large), Solutions (Portable, PCMM), Services (Reverse Engineering, Quality Inspection, Rapid Prototyping) - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) Market [IVR, OCR, Pattern Recognition, Auto Coding, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics, Machine Translation, Information Extraction, Question Answer, Report Generation] - Worldwide Market Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Transportation Systems and Analytics Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)