Fast Market Research recommends "Oral Care in Colombia" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2014 -- Tooth whitening is increasingly of interest among Colombian consumers thanks to an advertising blitz, increasing concern over self-image concern and a projection that translates to white teeth. TV shows, such as Extreme Makeover, have also played a part. Having white teeth has become a way to achieve better social relationships and acceptance and has led to a boom in aesthetic dentistry, which was initially promoted by dentists, such as Marlon Becerra, who was part of the Extreme Makeover team. In the last two years of the review period, professional teeth whitening underwent a boom thanks to e-commerce sites, such as Groupon, Cuponidad and Cuponatic, which strongly promote and sell professional whitening treatments at discounted prices as part of the most popular services they offer. For now, professional whitening is more accessible in terms of price than it was five years ago, but not for all consumers. An important part of the population will remain unable to pay for those treatments and may be very interested in budget, DIY tooth whiteners. The offer has been quite limited to just a few brands, such as Colgate Simply White and Plus + White Gel, since Procter & Gamble launched its Oral-B 3D White portfolio, which includes mouthwash, toothpaste and innovative stripes. Although the unit price of stripes is not particularly affordable for most people, it has become a strong growing niche alternative that took the lead in tooth whiteners in 2013. In addition, Shakira, a very popular Colombian singer, endorses the product.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Colgate-Palmolive remains the leading company in oral care. Colgate has been the most traditional toothpaste brand in Colombia and despite the presence of other brands, such as Fortident, Fluocardent and Oral-B, its leadership has not been affected. Colgate-Palmolive is recognised as an innovative company and although it does not lead in other major categories, such as mouthwashes, its aggregated sales in toothpastes and toothbrushes keep it in first position in terms of the sales ranking.
Tooth whitening is expected to have good sales prospects over the forecast period which will mainly stem from consumers seeking a healthier image and increasing self-confidence. Tooth whiteners is likely to record a CAGR of 13% in value sales at constant 2013 prices, which will be higher than oral care as a whole. Whitening ingredients are included in several products and not only in tooth whiteners, such as toothpaste, mouthwashes/dental rinses, and these will be presented as complementary products. The presentation of products with similar actions in the form or whitening portfolios (including tooth whiteners and supporting toothpastes and mouthwashes) will be increasingly seen over the forecast period and will increase sales of oral care products, a trend that has already been seen in hair care with shampoos, conditioners, mascaras and hair treatments.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Oral Care industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Oral Care industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Oral Care in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Oral Care in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- Which type of toothpaste is most popular?
- How are sales of manual versus power toothbrushes faring?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dental Floss, Denture Care, Mouth Fresheners, Mouthwashes/Dental Rinses, Tooth Whiteners, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017
- Denture Care Market in Colombia: Market Profile to 2017
- Denture Care Market in Colombia to 2017
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Beauty and Personal Care in Colombia
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Colombia to 2017
- Facial Care Market in Colombia to 2017
- Sun Care in Colombia
- Hand Care Market in Colombia to 2017