Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “OTC market in Poland 2014, Development forecasts for 2014-2019” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2014 -- In 2013, the condition of the OTC market (medicines and dietary supplements, pharmacy and non-pharmacy sales in Poland) significantly improved, mainly, due to the market stabilization after the falls recorded in 2012 (a result of the Reimbursement Act implementation). The OTC market depends on epidemiological trends. High flu incidence was the key factor which boosted sales in 2013, with special regard to OTC drugs (with continuous high infections rate, the similar situation is predicted for 2014; however, the base level reached in 2013 shall prevent the generation of comparatively high growth rates in 2014).
Did you know that...
- In 2013, the OTC market recovered compared to the falls recorded by the segment in 2012. This resulted, mainly, from a low base in 2012 and high flu and cold incidence rates.
- In 2013 (similarly to 2012), the supplements’ market noted a higher growth than the OTC market. The non-pharmacy distribution had a more significant share in the supplements’ market than in the market of OTC products.
- In Poland, based on the therapeutic indication, non-prescription medicines are used by 60% to 90% of the patients (source: PASMI, 2014)
- The trend to be observed in the OTC market is a development of own company brands e.g. Pelion (the ‘Dbam o Zdrowie’ chain of pharmacies), Jeronimo Martins (distribution through the ‘Biedronka’ chain of supermarkets) and Neuca (sales of the company brands).
- The most popular category of OTC products in the pharmaceutical market are medicines used in the treatment of cough, flu and other respiratory system diseases, which in 2013 constituted over one fourth of the total segment value.
- Due to high flu incidence rate in 2013 (3.2 million of cases), sales of OTC remedies for flu and cold generated stronger growth than the OTC market in total.
- The dietary supplements market in Poland is less consolidated than the OTC market.
Extract from this report:
- In 2013, the OTC market in Poland (medicines and dietary supplements, pharmacy and non-pharmacy sales) reached the level of PLN 9.6bn and, therefore, achieved the highest growth rate since 2010, recovering after the falls recorded in 2012.
- In 2013, the value of pharmacy sales of OTC medicines and dietary supplements reached a positive growth of 7%, the highest growth rate since 2010. In 2013, the pharmacy sales of all OTC products (OTC medicines, dietary supplements and other products) reached a positive growth rate of 5.2%.
- With regard to non-pharmacy sales of OTC products, high flu incidence rate was the key factor influencing the growth ratio in 2013 (11%). In 2014, due to the high base effect from 2013, we predict the slowdown in the growth rate of non-pharmacy sales of OTC products to approximately 7%. Nevertheless, the sales shall be continuously boosted by high flu incidence rate.
What’s in store for Poland’s OTC market over the remainder of the decade?
Report reveals top companies and products, forecasts development for 2014-2019.
Which consumer trends are currently driving growth in Poland’s OTC market for drugs and dietary supplements? Will they continue to do so over the coming years? Which are the top selling products? Where do Polish consumers shop for OTC products? What impact has the Reimbursement Act of 2012 exerted upon this market? How will this and other regulations affect the OTC market in Poland to 2019? What are the recent sales figures for the leading categories of OTC products in Poland? By how much are sales projected to grow during 2014-2019?
OTC market in Poland 2014, Development forecasts for 2014-2019, is a complete study of the market that reveals recent performance, current status and expected directions of growth until the end of the decade.
It provides a collection of historical data, offers current sales data for all key OTC product categories and includes forecasts for future development that have been prepared by Publisher analysts with years of experience in the Polish pharmaceutical sector and the OTC market.
The report furnishes listings of the best-selling products in leading categories and provides profiles of the leading producers and manufacturers on this market. It describes them in terms of value, scope and prospects, and takes a look at market conditions that can potentially affect profit, such as regulatory issues, trends and macroeconomic influences.
This document also offers data describing current value and predicted growth for the market as well as well as details on the share of the pharmaceutical market in Poland occupied by OTC products. It explores the effects of various types of regulation of the manufacture, sale, labeling and advertising of over-the-counter medicines and dietary and nutritional supplements and scans the future for upcoming regulations to determine their potential effects on market development during the forecast period.
OTC market in Poland 2014, Development forecasts for 2014-2019 was compiled to meet the information needs of manufacturers, distributors and wholesale and retail sellers of this growing collection of medicinal and nutritional preparations available to Polish consumers without physician approval. It also meets the information, data and forecast requirements of management and executive level personnel at companies that manufacture OTC preparations, wholesale distributors, Non-pharmacy and E-commerce distributors, industry analysts and business consultants and specialists in business and educational and research.
Know more about this report
Find all Pharma and Healthcare Reports
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: