Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Growth in retail volume sales of other hot drinks in 2013 was down slightly on 2012, and slower than the review period CAGR. This was mainly due to increasing maturity and price hikes that were imposed to offset rising production costs. It is also possible that the growing popularity of tea among Thai consumers contributed to the slowdown. Nonetheless, retail volume growth remained reasonably robust overall thanks to favourable economic conditions and strong demand for health-oriented products. New launches and continuous marketing campaigns also helped to sustain growth in retail volume sales. Price hikes ensured that growth in other hot drinks current value sales was slightly faster than in 2012, and also up on the 5-year average. This improvement was also partly driven by trading up to higher quality and more expensive products, particularly among urban consumers.
AB Food & Beverages remained the undisputed leader in other hot drinks in 2013 with a retail value share of 72%. This was mainly due to the dominant position of its Ovaltine brand in malt-based hot drinks, though the company also ranked third in other plant-based hot drinks with Ovaltine Nature Select Soy. The Ovaltine malt-based hot drinks range benefits from strong consumer loyalty and continuous TV advertising support. This range comprises several product types and flavour variants, all of which are available in a number of pack sizes. It includes Ovaltine 3-in-1, which appeals to those who place a premium on convenience, as well as Ovaltine Five Grains and Ovaltine White Malt, both of which are popular among health conscious consumers, especially young working adults. Nestle was the second leading company overall in 2013 with a retail value share of 22%. Maintaining a broad portfolio that includes the widely distributed and heavily advertised brands Milo, Nesvita, Nestle Proslim Choco Shape and Nesquik, the company held the lead in other plant-based hot drinks, and finished second and fourth in malt-based hot drinks and chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks, respectively. Pongjit Co Ltd was the third leading player overall, claiming the top spot in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks with its Droste brand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Growth in retail volume sales of other hot drinks over the forecast period is expected to be slower than that recorded over 2008-2013. This will be mainly due to increasing maturity, though the growing popularity of tea among Thai consumers may also contribute to the slowdown. Nonetheless, retail volume growth will remain respectable overall thanks to robust demand for health-oriented products and strong consumer loyalty towards top brands such as Ovaltine and Milo. New launches will also help to sustain growth in other hot drinks consumption, as will improvements in distribution and marketing activities, particularly TV campaigns featuring popular Thai celebrities as brand ambassadors. Growth in other hot drinks retail value sales at constant 2013 prices is expected to be faster than retail volume sales growth, and should only be marginally slower than that witnessed during the review period. Constant value growth will be bolstered by moderate price hikes, as well as by rising demand for higher quality and more expensive products, especially among urban consumers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Hot Drinks industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Hot Drinks industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Hot Drinks in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Hot Drinks in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- What is the growth potential of other hot drinks such as chocolate drinks, oat-based drinks, and yerba mate?
- What role does vending play in the hot chocolate drinks market?
- Have there been any key new hot drinks products, brand extensions, or other emerging trends in the past year?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Spain to 2018
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Italy to 2018
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Argentina to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in the UK to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Brazil to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Spain to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in France to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Chile to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Finland to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Colombia to 2017